Office fails to validate RRS feed

• Question

• My HP laptop has vista home installed which I upgraded to Vista Ultimate.  I also bought and installed Office Small Biz 2007.  Both are validated and when I go check each independently, I get validated messages.

But, when I go to Microsoft to download any office templates, I get these messages:

Microsoft Office Small Business 2007

The product(s) listed above completed validation. However, as a result of the failed or incomplete validation(s) listed below, this computer is not eligible for the benefits of genuine Office.

Microsoft Office XP Professional:
    Validation Incomplete: Office Must Be Activated

The validation process could not be completed because your copy of Microsoft Office has not been activated.

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 2:30 PM

Answers

• Hello fastbird,

It sounds like you may have an older copy of Office still installed on your machine, Office XP.  Please attempt to remove this from Progams found in the Control Panel to see if this resolves your issue.  If you are still having problems please run the MGA diagnostic tool as outlined here:  http://forums.microsoft.com/Genuine/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2170295&SiteID=25 and reply with the results.

Thank you,

Matt Prall, MS
    OGA Forum Manager

Tuesday, February 5, 2008 4:38 PM