netbetterresults.com RRS feed

• Question

• I have  SYSTEM MODEL  (HP Compaq 6003 Pro MT PC);BIOS Version/Date (  Hewlett-Packard 786G6 v01.15,8/2/2011).  Version  6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build,&  System

Type (  x64-based PC  ).

When I go on the internet w/Google search engine this other search engine  (NETBETTERRESULTS.COM  ).  tries to takeover.  I need some help on how to stop this thing,  and prevent it from happening again.   

Thank You

• Moved by Olaf Engelke Thursday, October 1, 2015 6:59 AM Not a Windows Home Server topic
    Wednesday, September 30, 2015 8:27 PM

Answers

• Download the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware and scan your system as often with it, as there are still found elements of adware. If it comes to nasty adware this is one of the best applications to handle those from my experience. You should also enable the trial of Malwarebytes Premium (or consider to purchase a license), since that does not only perform an on demand scan, but also monitors and blocks calls to adware websites, which may be triggered eventually by missed components.

If the issue happens since a short time, you can also attempt a system restore to a date before the first appearance.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:08 AM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Friday, October 9, 2015 2:26 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 6:58 AM
  • For additional help, I suggest posting here (Participate -> Ask a Question):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, October 1, 2015 12:48 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:08 AM

All replies

• Download the free version of Malwarebytes Antimalware and scan your system as often with it, as there are still found elements of adware. If it comes to nasty adware this is one of the best applications to handle those from my experience. You should also enable the trial of Malwarebytes Premium (or consider to purchase a license), since that does not only perform an on demand scan, but also monitors and blocks calls to adware websites, which may be triggered eventually by missed components.

If the issue happens since a short time, you can also attempt a system restore to a date before the first appearance.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

• Proposed as answer by Mike Laughlin Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:08 AM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 6:58 AM
  • For additional help, I suggest posting here (Participate -> Ask a Question):

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Thursday, October 1, 2015 12:48 PM
    Thursday, October 1, 2015 11:08 AM