How does email prioritycode get set? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I am trying to figure out how CRM determines what prioritycode is email going to have. We use queues and a lot of emails are received with Low priority despite the fact that the option set default value is Normal. When I filter mailbox in Outlook, I am not able to find any email which has been marked as of Low importance so I can't find any logical pattern for this. Could it be something with mail client people are using?

Thanks in advance.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:21 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Could you provide some more details for example is there any custom business logic working for email processing as well ??

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:25 AM
  • There is no plugin nor workflow which sets this field.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 8:36 AM
  • If your email is tracked from outlook there are mapping for the fields but as you said you are using queue so I hope you need to manage it using different queues based on their priority, for example different queue for high, low.

HTH

Our Website | Our Blog | Follow US | My Facebook Page | Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Application Design
    Make sure to "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer",if you get answer of your question.

Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:00 AM
  • The problem is that I get emails in a queue with different priorities without any custom logic. I don't see any logic in why one email came with Low priority and another one with Normal despite that it is the same queue and default option set value for both Email and ActivityPointer entity is Normal.
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 9:06 AM
  • Ok, I managed to isolate the reason for this behavior, it started when the forwarding mailbox was configured. I just need a solution now :) I know this is not the Exchange forum, but if anybody knows of a property to configure this...
    Tuesday, April 8, 2014 10:47 AM
  • Did you ever figure this out? 

Running 2011, about to go to 2015 but it seems to have the same issue.  Most emails are set to Low priority.  I've noticed that when the emails are missing the importance/priority header properties, the email router seems to create them in CRM with a Low priority.  If they are present, and say for example 'normal', then they get created in CRM with a Normal priority.

Seems to have happened when we went to Exchange 2013 from 2010.

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:17 PM