Need to fix java error 1723 in windows 10 PC!! RRS feed

• Question

• When I try to uninstall Java Runtime 6 Update 23, I get

Error 1723. There is a problem with this Windows Installer package. A DLL required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor.

Background: JRE was installed on my F: drive, which recently died. The replacement drive shows up as drive D (and of course doesn't have any Java files on it). Trying to run Java of course results in an error of can't find F:\Program Files\Java...

I've tried javara, and it doesn't work either.

How can I fix this problem?

• Moved by CoolDadTx Tuesday, September 29, 2020 1:36 PM Not C# related
    • Edited by Andrews Goatham Wednesday, September 30, 2020 4:27 AM Reference Added
    Tuesday, September 29, 2020 5:31 AM

All replies

• Hi Andrews Goatham,
    The Visual C# forum discusses and asks questions about the C# programming language, IDE, libraries, samples, and tools.
    Thank you for your understanding.
    Best Regards,
    Daniel Zhang

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, September 29, 2020 6:41 AM
  • Hey, thanks for the quick response. Could you please suggest me that where i can get the solution for my issue! 
    Wednesday, September 30, 2020 4:25 AM