Unable to print from WHS to a network printer. RRS feed

• Question

• I have installed a network printer (HP Laserjet 4100n). It installed correctly, I think. It show as the default printer and I can ping the ip from the WHS.

Each time I send a test print there is no error message and the print queue is empty, but nothing shows from the printer.

All other computers on the network are fine.

Thanks in advance.

Thursday, May 6, 2010 3:48 PM

All replies

• I can confirm, that it should work. Did you install a Standard TCP/IP-Port on the server or some proprietary HP stuff?

The first is usually the better method.

Best greetings from Germany
    Olaf

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:00 PM
  • I installed the same way as i have for my home network and my computer service clients. Standard TCPIP port and the printer is a fixed IP. I can ping the printer with no problem and it shows installed and the default printer.

pixed

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:46 PM
  • I have temporaraly (I hope) set up a work-around by sharing the printer from my main computer.
    Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:54 PM
  • Why dont you just share it/hang it from the WHS itself rather than a client PC, it can then be accessed by the clients via the shared folders
    Friday, May 7, 2010 11:43 AM
  • Why dont you just share it/hang it from the WHS itself rather than a client PC, it can then be accessed by the clients via the shared folders
    Because it's already a network printer, i.e. has a built in print server and NIC. And the OP wants to print to it from his server, but can't.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 3:49 PM