Console very unresponsive RRS feed

• Question

• For some time I've found the server so be rather unresponsive.  I have to make several attempts for a console seesion to connect and even then it will quite some time of blank blue screen before I see a console (perhaps 15mins or more).  This continues once I've got the console open with log waits when switching between tabs

The server has, Advanced Admin console, Avast WHS and Squeezecentre WHS installed.

When I do bring up task manager I do not find any process taking up the CPU, but if is using a bit of memory (the machine is a Proliant ML110 G4 - 1.86Ghz Xeon with 1Mb RAM installed).
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 12:35 AM

All replies

• For some time I've found the server so be rather unresponsive.  I have to make several attempts for a console seesion to connect and even then it will quite some time of blank blue screen before I see a console (perhaps 15mins or more).  This continues once I've got the console open with log waits when switching between tabs

The server has, Advanced Admin console, Avast WHS and Squeezecentre WHS installed.

When I do bring up task manager I do not find any process taking up the CPU, but if is using a bit of memory (the machine is a Proliant ML110 G4 - 1.86Ghz Xeon with 1Mb RAM installed).
    As I recall, other users have had issues with that hardware, so it might have to do with the drivers.  Having said that, have you tried running chkdsk /r on each drive in the server?  If not, see the FAQ post:  How to check all the drives in your server for errors for details on how to do that.
    Tuesday, December 1, 2009 1:44 AM