pointless contest.. is it?? RRS feed

• Question

• hi friends,
    the student rockstar has kept me involved for better parts of last few days, but am still not able to make out what is contest all about. The contest lacks any kind of direction in its organizing and also in its methodology, a true characteristic of a maiden venture. But whatever be the case, m extremely dissapointed by the way points have been updated on the profile.
    Most of the online live points like registration for forum or for IC have not been updated.
    Also none of my queries have been answered till daet even by sending personal e-mails.

Only good that has come out of this contest is that it has introduced me to this great resourceful and live forum site. Most of my queries have been answered here with immediate and acurate answers.

Am looking forward to more views of yours to truely understand the core of this contest.

regards
    Sumit Dagar
    Wednesday, February 21, 2007 10:17 PM

Answers

• TRY TO BEST

AND KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FOURM

Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:47 AM
  • thts not what i am looking froward to. What i am asking is what kind of talent is MS looking forward to from this contests participants.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:57 AM
  • participation and voluntary involvement...
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:38 PM
  • hey !
    one month has passed into this competition and still there is no organized administration on the site. We have had constant problems with the point updation and site management and that still remains the concern.
    Though welcome respite was admin answering some problems through mail.
    Hope the situation will be better after a week or so as mentioned in the mail.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Yes... i too didn't got many points here for referrals, forums etc. I don't say that MS is cheating but the maintenance is bad. Admin is not active and good..
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:51 AM
  • now the forums are also getting useless with no one new coming here. All the present users are either involved in some kind of lobbying or are more concerned in posting something like 10-20 new threads at a time.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:46 PM
  • yes m8, i agree with you, people are getting lazier and lazier, and noone contributing much in the forums.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:25 PM
  • yep.. Its becoming quite boring actually..

A lot of stuff which should be posted in the general forums is being posted on the student rockstar forums.. Also, there is no moderator control on the forums.. and many other issues...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:34 AM
  • Oh,but the good thing is, it introduced me to "show and tell" and "hot technology" forums in MSDN forums. Really nice place to keep in touch with.
    And in front of those forums, this one certainly looks ordinary.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:23 PM
  • you are just marking your replies as answer. for this, you have already alligated me in my thread. so please mark others replies as answer.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:52 PM
  • i agree with you sanket. People should also mark others posts as answers if they have given the answer. After all we also need some credits. we are working so hard in this forum to help others and we get no reward. I guess when time passes no one will reply / response to ones thread if he don't get the credits.
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:10 AM

All replies

• TRY TO BEST

AND KEEP IN TOUCH WITH FOURM

Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:47 AM
  • thts not what i am looking froward to. What i am asking is what kind of talent is MS looking forward to from this contests participants.
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 6:57 AM
  • participation and voluntary involvement...
    Thursday, February 22, 2007 5:38 PM
  • hey !
    one month has passed into this competition and still there is no organized administration on the site. We have had constant problems with the point updation and site management and that still remains the concern.
    Though welcome respite was admin answering some problems through mail.
    Hope the situation will be better after a week or so as mentioned in the mail.
    Monday, March 5, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Yes... i too didn't got many points here for referrals, forums etc. I don't say that MS is cheating but the maintenance is bad. Admin is not active and good..
    Tuesday, March 6, 2007 11:51 AM
  • well to say the least ..everything is automated so u dont expect admin to manually change the points...he is not responisible for all that is happeneing....
    Wednesday, March 7, 2007 7:11 PM
  • now the forums are also getting useless with no one new coming here. All the present users are either involved in some kind of lobbying or are more concerned in posting something like 10-20 new threads at a time.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:46 PM
  • yes m8, i agree with you, people are getting lazier and lazier, and noone contributing much in the forums.
    Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:25 PM
  • yep.. Its becoming quite boring actually..

A lot of stuff which should be posted in the general forums is being posted on the student rockstar forums.. Also, there is no moderator control on the forums.. and many other issues...

Wednesday, March 21, 2007 10:34 AM
  • Oh,but the good thing is, it introduced me to "show and tell" and "hot technology" forums in MSDN forums. Really nice place to keep in touch with.
    And in front of those forums, this one certainly looks ordinary.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 1:23 PM
  • you are just marking your replies as answer. for this, you have already alligated me in my thread. so please mark others replies as answer.
    Wednesday, March 21, 2007 5:52 PM
  • i agree with you sanket. People should also mark others posts as answers if they have given the answer. After all we also need some credits. we are working so hard in this forum to help others and we get no reward. I guess when time passes no one will reply / response to ones thread if he don't get the credits.
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 4:10 AM
  • perfectly fine guys (Y)

will do anything to improve to improve this forum quality and make it in comparison with other MSDN forums.
    Thursday, March 22, 2007 12:28 PM