none
windows 8 RRS feed

• Question

• i want to install windows 8 but my windows xp is 32 bit and i want 64 bit windows 8. so does 32 or 64 bit depend on hardware or windows because i really want win 8 64 bit. so if my windows xp is 32 bit, can i use 64 bit win 8?
    Monday, September 17, 2012 8:33 AM

All replies

• Hello 09eragera09.

This question should be asked in the Windows Answers Forum at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows.
    Anyway, the most important thing you have to know is the 64 but support provided by your system (i.e.: it depends on hardware, not on Windows): your CPU must support 64 bit instructions, thus allowing you to install and run a 64 bit operating system; visit the CPU's manufacturer web site to get more information about this feature. Furthermore, you have to find 64 bit drivers for all the devices installed in your system.
    You also have to know that you cannot perform an upgrade from a 32 bit version of Windows to a 64 bit version: you have to perform a full backup of your data and install the 64 bit version of Windows from scratch; after installing the operating system, you'll install the drivers for you hardware and all the applications you need to use.

Bye.

Friday, November 2, 2012 9:38 PM