Windows XP Home SP2 WLOC 2.0 GUI won't Open RRS feed

• General discussion

• Ok I had to reload Both my computers WLOC 2.0 GUI failed to open on my xp computer the stats scan splash screen appeared then closed and nothing I can't report on this because a support log could not be generated It to a reinstall after a reinstall after a reinstall to get it to work again. finally I got it up.

Sunday, July 22, 2007 9:24 PM

All replies

• This Happen Again HELP!!!  I can't access wloc 2.0 main window in xp a fresh install everything is ok I shut the computer down for a while then turn it back on It won't open when I click on the task bar Icon or any desktop links the Uninstaller fails support log fails nothing opens but the background monitoring and security & firewall run I just can't access control winssintro starts up 2 scan bar sweeps then it closes.

To fix this issue is to reinstall WLOC 2.0 fixes it till I do a full shut down of the xp computer every single time I'm not getting anywhere with this issue. I'm now just going to let the Busted wloc 2.0 sit there when it yells to do something maybe it'll launch then but right now the main window refuses to open I can't generate a supportdata file because that proccess is hung 

This is only happening on my xp computer only My vista one running everything but tune-up is running fine.

Monday, July 23, 2007 1:02 PM
  • Hey I found out what causes the above to Happen runnig Windows Disc Clean up and then Defrag tools not wloc or wloc tune-up but Windows Disc Clean up & Defrag causes the WLOC 2.0 control main window from Opening. Running tune-up could cause this but can't because removing files and defrag won't run in tune up.

Finally after running the Windows Disc Clean-up & Defrag Restart the computer

Only Happening in XP right now.

How do we fix this ?

Monday, July 23, 2007 4:02 PM
  • I don't know, Mikro. I would, however, suggest filing a detailed step-by-step bug since you can repro.

-steve

Monday, July 23, 2007 7:20 PM
  • I can't connect wloc feedback all I get are server errors

I attempt to submit a bug report and all I get are errors all night long all day ever since that connect maintenance

https://connect.microsoft.com/feedback/default.aspx?SiteID=168

Monday, July 23, 2007 8:02 PM
  • Yes, there appears to be a problem with Connect - I just encountered the same error you did in submitting a bug - or failing to. I've reported the Connect issue.

-steve

Tuesday, July 24, 2007 12:50 AM
  •  

This dang thing happen again and I got a report started

Step one run tune-up with Progress window open (the one showing the check list)

walk away let tune-up run with the Progress window open let it sit on the complete screen the one where the link to the log shows let it sit there for a bit then close it.

Atempt to open wloc the splash screen with status scan bar appears then closes and nothing happens this was on a second computer aka remote pc Windows XP Home SP2 It took me a few commands all kinds of Microsoft error reports sent It was a mess.

Here's my full report at

Thursday, July 26, 2007 7:43 AM