Access files on the home server RRS feed

• Question

• I am an administrator on the homeserver as well as the PC's. All the files in 1 folder return 'access denied. Contact your administrator' message. The shared user folder is clearly set to give access, but the home server is blocking all attempts. I've tried to create new administrator's on both the PC and the server, but again I get the 'access denied. Contact your administrator' message.

I've run out of idea's. Are there any programs/utilities that will force the home server to give me access to the files ?

any help would be very much appreciated

Mike

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:14 PM

Answers

• After creating the user's have you logged off of your PC and logged back on using the new user you defined?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:51 PM
  • It looks like I've solved the problem, having read all about the corrupt issues with WHS, i decided to remove one of the hard drives to ensure that I don't suffer from any corruption issues, as soon as I did this, all the administrators and users have got access to all the files

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:36 PM

All replies

• After creating the user's have you logged off of your PC and logged back on using the new user you defined?

Thursday, March 13, 2008 7:51 PM
  • Yes absolutely, both the PC, and I've tried rebooting the server, but all the files in one shared folder can not be accessed !!!!!!

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:07 PM
  • It looks like I've solved the problem, having read all about the corrupt issues with WHS, i decided to remove one of the hard drives to ensure that I don't suffer from any corruption issues, as soon as I did this, all the administrators and users have got access to all the files

Thursday, March 13, 2008 8:36 PM