UR5 Outlook Client Quicksearch - not the same results as in Web Client for custom entities RRS feed

• Question

• I know in UR3 should be a hotfix included for this, but with UR5 the error returned. I can´t find any results if I´m searching for linked lookup fields for my custom entity. Within system entities a search in incidents only works for title - not for customer or responsible contact. I´ve added these two fields to search columns on quicksearch view and published this. A search for the primary field is working well. Using the webclient the quicksearch is searching within the added fields.

Anyone else?

I think it is a bug and should be reported.

Carsten Groth http://carstengroth.wordpress.com

Thursday, December 8, 2011 9:51 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Carsten,

maybe this information can be helpfull for you.

When using the IE client or Office 2003, searches in SQL put the wildcard only at the end, for example:  'test%'  This allow SQL to uses indexes.

For the office 2010 client, the wildcard both before and after the search term:  '%test%'  This prevents SQL from using indexes.

Also this will lead to having different results returned causing confusion for any user that is switching between workstations with different version of office.

This issue was previously logged, but closed (not fixed).

greetz dao
    Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:34 AM
  • this will be fixed in RU7 as MS support told us

greetz dao

Monday, March 12, 2012 4:02 PM
  • We have implemented Ru7 and experience that the Search in Outlook add-on will only search in the "current view". Seleting "all ---- Items" has no effect whatsoever.

Users still on ru-6 client can use the " All --- Items" button have results that reflects it.

Anyone else seeing this behavior?

Thursday, April 19, 2012 1:51 PM