ipod problems RRS feed

• Question

• Hi I might be in the wrong place b ut this is the only site I can find to see if someone can help me, I bought the new ipod with video, so I can add movies and music videos.

Problem is, pic is great but......no sound

I use iTunes......any suggestions appreciated please email to me on csgriffiths@msn.com.

thank you

christine

PS sorry if im not suppose to be in this area itss the only place i know where  u can ask questions.

thanks againn

Monday, July 16, 2007 2:58 PM

Answers

• Please visit the iPod technical support web page: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:55 AM
  • Please visit the iPod technical support web page: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:58 PM
  • Sorry, but this Windows Genuine Advantage Forum does not have the technical expertise to solve iPod issues.

Please visit the iPod technical support web page: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 AM
  • Hi Anil kumar,

Although it is a simple question being asked in this thread, the answer may be very complex depending upon each individual system's configuration. Because the iPod is an Apple device, troubleshooting problems with it can best be handled by the manufacturer (Apple) not Microsoft. Apple has done the research to determine configuration requirements, and will have had MUCH more experience troubleshooting interface problems than any other troubleshooting group.

Thank you,

Jenifer

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:15 PM

All replies

Monday, July 16, 2007 4:07 PM
  • I am trying to sink an Outlook 2003 Calendar with my new iPod Nano (3rd generation). I can get it to work on one computer, but not on the one that I need it to work on. I contacted Apple and they said since it is a problem with 3rd party software, I need to contact Microsoft.  Can Microsoft offer any steps to debug such a problem?

Tuesday, October 2, 2007 4:51 PM
  • Hey,i Have a promblem with my (ipod nano)?!

The promblem is that i dnt noe what to do i mean lik how to download stuff lik..

"Songs,Movies,Pictures,Videos & M O R E! 

iM Just so FuSTrAighted with this so PlEASE [H E L P] (!!)

Thanx,JazZi3 BoO!

Saturday, November 17, 2007 8:42 PM

Saturday, November 17, 2007 10:31 PM
  • I am currently on the phone with Apple, and they are telling me to contact Microsoft! Sad

Thursday, December 27, 2007 3:33 PM
  • Sorry, but this Windows Genuine Advantage Forum does not have the technical expertise to solve iPod issues.

Sunday, December 30, 2007 9:36 PM
  •  

At the moment, the best option for integrating iPod synchronization with Windows Media Player is XPlay.  However this software is not compatible with Vista.
    Wednesday, January 2, 2008 12:41 AM
  • I have windows vista The files need to be mp3, I opened the file location of my songs in windows media player then I moved my songs into a folder on my desktop, then I was able to add the songs to my ipod nano.

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 2:57 AM

Wednesday, January 2, 2008 3:55 AM
  • My husband and I have two identical computers.  We both got ipod nanos for Christmas.  Mine works fine, and his did too until yesterday.  His computer will not recognize that the ipod is plugged in.  My computer will recognize both ipods.  It will not show up under "Computer" or in iTunes.  We have updated the software and restarted and no luck.  The USB port works with other devices.  What can we do?

Thanks.

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:53 PM

Thursday, January 3, 2008 3:58 PM
  • I just starting having the same problem. Any help or suggestions from anyone?

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:20 AM

Please visit the iPod technical support web page: http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/

Wednesday, February 13, 2008 2:30 AM
  • hi carey,

i understand you are not a Microsoft employee. but in all your replies you are just asking every one to contact apple. let me ask you one thing. dont you know any solution. if you dont know why are you here to answer. please help others by sharing your knowledge instead of redirecting them to apple. or give me your position and i will help others.

This is just a simple question what others are asking. how to add files to ipod. there are 2 ways to do that. either by transfering files using usb cable or by synchronising using itunes. if you have any issues like not detecting ipod. do this steps.  but before doing this make sure you have your device driver cd ready and this solution is applicable only to windows xp.

Also i am not an employee of apple but a person who breath and eat techology.

Right click my computer

select manage

click device manager

right click the top most node and click scan hardware changes

usually that will detect ipod

or

expand universal serial bus by clicking '+' sign

right click on first one and choose uninstall

repeat the same steps until all usb drives and hubs are removed

once it is done restart computer and this will defenetly work

if windows ask you found new hardware just choose install automatically and proceed

Thanks,

Anil kumar

Tuesday, May 6, 2008 5:22 AM
  • Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't understand how everyone points the finger with no offer of help

We all bought the product thinking it would work, if this many people are having the same problem

it would be great if Micro soft looked into this since we were they're customers first!

And maybe Ipod should be disclosing a note on their product warning that depending who manufactured  your computer your ipod might be useless!

I have had my Ipod for 5 months with no success in figuring out why it doesn't work proprly, when my daughter used the  computer to get her music downloads it worked fine. I bought my own and can't access either account now. I have notice that alot of people who have multiple users on the same computer have major problems. This is horrible service on both sides, everyone says its the other party issue. How about finding a solution and posting for all us confused and upset consumers who spent the dollars to buy both products. We are all not computer wizards.

The problem might be user caused but a clear answer are a number where you can speak to someone live would help!

Mines gives me various errors:

Check your time on the computer and they do give you step by step instructions in Itunes (It was correct)

Check that your cookies are accepting Itunes? Followed the steps still didn't work

User not authorized to use this account (I reset my passwords over 10x's I still got the same message

So what are we suppose to do?

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 6:10 AM
  • Hi Anil kumar,

Although it is a simple question being asked in this thread, the answer may be very complex depending upon each individual system's configuration. Because the iPod is an Apple device, troubleshooting problems with it can best be handled by the manufacturer (Apple) not Microsoft. Apple has done the research to determine configuration requirements, and will have had MUCH more experience troubleshooting interface problems than any other troubleshooting group.

Thank you,

Jenifer

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 3:15 PM