none
blocked vlk RRS feed

• Question

• Ok so I bought this copy of windows months ago and have not had any issues with it then all of a sudden I log on my pc last night and get a validation error out of nowhere, I know this is a valid version of windows as I bought so can someone tell me why all of a sudden it says it is not valid. Here is the diagnostic reprt.

Diagnostic Report (1.7.0062.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    WGA Data-->
    Validation Status: Blocked VLK
    Validation Code: 3
    Online Validation Code: N/A
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-X9QRG-J4B2Y-GR2TT
    Windows Product Key Hash: e4v9dTiQqKvmnq/BmmK2cLi6jqE=
    Windows Product ID: 55274-640-2449187-23792
    Windows Product ID Type: 1
    Windows License Type: Volume
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro
    CSVLK Server: N/A
    CSVLK PID: N/A
    ID: {2C21BFB0-B9AB-4C36-93E3-1730AA3ACD36}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    WGA Version: Registered, 1.7.59.1
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-171-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista BRT Data-->
    Grace Flag: N/A
    Commit: N/A
    Reboot Flag: N/A
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Wgaer.exe Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Wgaer.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 3
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.7.18.5
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 109 N/A
    OGA Version: Registered, 1.6.21.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: B4D0AA8B-470-80070002

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{2C21BFB0-B9AB-4C36-93E3-1730AA3ACD36}</UGUID><Version>1.7.0062.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.2.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-GR2TT</PKey><PID>55274-640-2449187-23792</PID><PIDType>1</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-329068152-725345543-839522115</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>System manufacturer</Manufacturer><Model>System Product Name</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Phoenix Technologies, LTD</Manufacturer><Version>ASUS P5N-E SLI ACPI BIOS Revision 0602</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20070425000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>F0713D770184C07A</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><BRT/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Saturday, November 3, 2007 11:11 PM

Answers

• Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

Please note that the Windows Product Key Update Tool can only be used if you have the same version of Windows XP as the installed non-genuine version.  For example, if there is a non-genuine version of Windows XP Professional installed on your computer, you can only use the Windows Product Key Update Tool if you have a valid Product Key for Windows XP Professional (Full Version...not an Upgrade Version).

If you have a valid Product Key for Windows XP Home Edition, then the Windows Product Key Update Tool is not going to be of any use to you and a "clean install" of Windows XP Home Edition would be required. 

How to perform a clean install of Windows XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html  

Monday, November 5, 2007 12:11 AM

All replies

• A "Blocked VLK" is a Volume License Key that may have been once valid, but was licensed solely to a corporation or larger enterprise/business. Blocked VLK's are Product Keys that Microsoft has received consent from the original owner to block usage of. A VL Product Key is non-transferrable to individuals. In order to resolve your non-genuine licensing issue, please visit: www.microsoft.com/genuine and click on "Validate Windows". When validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button which will provide information on how to acquire a WGA Kit.

Saturday, November 3, 2007 11:43 PM
  • OK so you are telling me that the company that sold this to me as OEM software has now asked that the product key be blocked, if so this is total BS as I purchased this from a legitimate software dealer for over $100.00 and now I have to buy a new version? What do I need to do to get a valid key now? I am going to take action against this software dealer if I can not use this copy of windows.

Sunday, November 4, 2007 12:13 AM
  • You do not have an OEM version of Windows XP installed.  You have a counterfeit Volume License version installed (Windows License Type: Volume).  Print your MGA report and send it to the seller and demand a refund!

Sunday, November 4, 2007 1:31 AM
  • P.S.  Your non-genuine Volume License product key has been illegally distributed all over the internet:

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&ie=UTF-8&rlz=1T4ADBF_enUS242US242&q=X9QRG%2dJ4B2Y%2dGR2TT

It is definitely a bogus product key.

Sunday, November 4, 2007 1:43 AM
  • OK so I read a bit more and then compared the key the diagnostic found and it is not the same as the key on my COA so how did that happen and what do I need to do now? How could my key get changed since I am the one that installed XP on this pc?

Sunday, November 4, 2007 11:56 PM
  • Windows Product Key Update Tool Instructions: http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/selfhelp/pkuinstructions.aspx

Please note that the Windows Product Key Update Tool can only be used if you have the same version of Windows XP as the installed non-genuine version.  For example, if there is a non-genuine version of Windows XP Professional installed on your computer, you can only use the Windows Product Key Update Tool if you have a valid Product Key for Windows XP Professional (Full Version...not an Upgrade Version).

If you have a valid Product Key for Windows XP Home Edition, then the Windows Product Key Update Tool is not going to be of any use to you and a "clean install" of Windows XP Home Edition would be required. 

How to perform a clean install of Windows XP: http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/cleanxpinstall.html  

Monday, November 5, 2007 12:11 AM
  • Hello Jason,

Can you please provide me with the name of the company, address, phone number and website name. Also I would recommend for you to file a piracy report.  Please vist http://www.microsoft.com/resources/howtotell/ and compare the media you purchased. Next visit http://www.microsoft.com/piracy/ site and review the instructions for filing a piracy report. This is very important customers file reports as this will prevent others from becoming victims. Also if your media meets the critera as presented in the priacy URL you may be eligible for free software. Thank you and I will be looking forwared in receiving the information above.

Stephen Holm, MS

Wednesday, November 14, 2007 6:22 PM