Windows OS $20 RRS feed

• Question

• Not sure if this is the right category but:

I like to know how my local dealer/tech is able to offer windows 7 or office 2007 upgrade for $20 with COA.

Monday, February 6, 2012 5:37 PM

Answers

• He can't sell you a legitimate product for that price. Don't get scammed by him.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 6, 2012 11:02 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:41 PM
    Answerer
  • I agree with George.  First of all, a computer shop should not be selling OEM copies to customers, if that is what these are (probably).  A shop should only sell these already installed on a computer they are selling.  Second, if the dvds are copies then the shop is recycling COA stickers they never put on the computers they were selling.  Whatever, the product keys are tainted.  If the tech is doing this behind the owner's back then you may want to have a word with the owner.

What makes you think that they are upgrades?  Did the shop tell you that or do you just mean the shop is offering you a way to move up to Windows 7 or Office 2007?

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:57 PM
    Answerer

All replies

• He can't sell you a legitimate product for that price. Don't get scammed by him.
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, February 6, 2012 11:02 PM
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:41 PM
    Answerer
  • I agree with George.  First of all, a computer shop should not be selling OEM copies to customers, if that is what these are (probably).  A shop should only sell these already installed on a computer they are selling.  Second, if the dvds are copies then the shop is recycling COA stickers they never put on the computers they were selling.  Whatever, the product keys are tainted.  If the tech is doing this behind the owner's back then you may want to have a word with the owner.

What makes you think that they are upgrades?  Did the shop tell you that or do you just mean the shop is offering you a way to move up to Windows 7 or Office 2007?

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.
    Monday, February 6, 2012 5:57 PM
    Answerer