Timesheet weekly totals? RRS feed

• Question

• Now that we're up and running with PS2010, I am looking at how timesheets work.  I see a "Totals" option, but that seems to only give daily totals.  I have defined weekly timesheet periods and for each week need to have weekly totals at a task and project level -- in effect, a right-most column totaling the week for each row.  This was PS2003 functionality that we depended on, that was removed in PS2007, and I really, really hope is back in PS2010.  Am I missing something? 

Another important PS2003 timesheet feature was the ability to collapse or expand tasks grouped within a project.  Same question -- is that available in PS2010?

Thanks!
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 3:34 PM

Answers

• Bill - the timesheet shows all overdue tasks and tasks with work planned in the period and as such we haven't put a project/task period total column in place (our design assumption is that the number of tasks is small enough to not warrant the additional complexity). But don't despair - this data is available in the Tasks UI (post Beta2 I'm afraid) where you'll be able to set a data range/select a period and see period totals.

Pat will be blogging on this on the Project blog soon and I'll ask him to drill into this functionality.

(Not that in Single Entry Mode both the Timesheet and Tasks UI can be used to enter task progress without the need to import/double key)
    Wednesday, December 16, 2009 6:27 PM