How about changing it back to how the url was??? RRS feed

• Question

• I think the url-change is ugly; I want the old one back - where the people that weren't signed in got the Live Search and the ones of us that used to appriciate the way it was, got up the personalized page.

Saturday, August 2, 2008 6:38 PM

Answers

• Sorry Tigurinn, We won't be going back to the old URL.  My.Live.com is now a seperate team from Live Search, which provides several advantages:  we can focus entirely on the personalized experience, we can release updates on our own timeline, and we don't have to worry about potential conflicts between the personalization platform and the search engine.   In the long run, we believe this will give our users a much better experience on both My.Live.com and Live Search. 

Jason Garza, Program Manager
    Monday, August 4, 2008 6:05 PM

All replies

• Sorry Tigurinn, We won't be going back to the old URL.  My.Live.com is now a seperate team from Live Search, which provides several advantages:  we can focus entirely on the personalized experience, we can release updates on our own timeline, and we don't have to worry about potential conflicts between the personalization platform and the search engine.   In the long run, we believe this will give our users a much better experience on both My.Live.com and Live Search. 

Jason Garza, Program Manager
    Monday, August 4, 2008 6:05 PM
  • You have WAY to many sites with inconsistent UIs as well as content. Could you work on improving this? Windows Live has been out since 2005, I think you had enough time to improve those pages that still using the pre wave 1 UI 
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 1:30 AM
  • As an average computer user - I still disagree that a shift to the ol' live.com can't be done. However, what's the deal then with home.live.com?? Why does that even exist? How many web portals is MS going to have?

And I also agree with gonzc900, that there needs to be a consistency in the look and feel of all the Live services; also an application should be put up for us to use on my.live.com - similar to MSN Communications-box that is available on next.my.msn.com (an ugly url as well) so we can have in one place an overview of all the online Live services that we can customize - and an easy place to go from one service to another (the Live orb isn't good enough, as it isn't customizable - it would be best though, if that one would be customizable for us users, and also we could get back the beautiful design that used to be before the current one (the old one used to have a one simple drop-down list, with the icons in front of the name of the services), and keep the option for us, when Wave 3 will be release, to keep the good old headers of Wave 1 and 2
    • Proposed as answer by Chris-Gonzales Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:26 PM
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 9:52 PM
  • Tigurinn said:

As an average computer user - I still disagree that a shift to the ol' live.com can't be done. However, what's the deal then with home.live.com?? Why does that even exist? How many web portals is MS going to have?

And I also agree with gonzc900, that there needs to be a consistency in the look and feel of all the Live services; also an application should be put up for us to use on my.live.com - similar to MSN Communications-box that is available on next.my.msn.com (an ugly url as well) so we can have in one place an overview of all the online Live services that we can customize - and an easy place to go from one service to another (the Live orb isn't good enough, as it isn't customizable - it would be best though, if that one would be customizable for us users, and also we could get back the beautiful design that used to be before the current one (the old one used to have a one simple drop-down list, with the icons in front of the name of the services), and keep the option for us, when Wave 3 will be release, to keep the good old headers of Wave 1 and 2

I Pefer the wave 2 UI. Matches vista more. Its sad they want to be like everyone else just to fit in. They are going about it the wrong way. They need ONE consiustant UI. Now they can have the backgrounds in wave 3 but keep the wave 2 headers as an option for those who like it.

Office has an orb, vista has one, why not windows live? make everything consistant. You want to aim the litttle 13 year olds and thats a bad idea.
    Sunday, August 10, 2008 10:26 PM