Website Hosting RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I have created a website which is used to create,update and delete custom records using SDK. Now i want to host this website in CRM Website (IIS). What are the steps needed for this. I heard some where that there are some changes needed in web.config file. Is it right? if so please list out the changes.

Regards,
    GF
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 5:50 AM

Answers

• Really depends on how your code is setup.  The recommended approach is to not use a virtual directory and install your code under the ISV directory.  If you need to create your own virtual directory, then you will need to remove some of the CRM modules from memory in your web.config as they will not be able to be loaded properly.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 31, 2009 8:38 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:48 PM

All replies

• Golden Fish,

The VPC Demo is an excellent source of coding inspiration and may help in this case as it has both the event management and eService accelerators built in. Both of these have web sites which hook into CRM with some clever back-end code.

Leon Tribe
    Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog
    http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    or hear me tweet @leontribe

Want to hear me talk about all things CRM? Check out my blog http://leontribe.blogspot.com/
    • Proposed as answer by Leon TribeMVP Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:17 PM
    Saturday, July 18, 2009 3:17 PM
  • Really depends on how your code is setup.  The recommended approach is to not use a virtual directory and install your code under the ISV directory.  If you need to create your own virtual directory, then you will need to remove some of the CRM modules from memory in your web.config as they will not be able to be loaded properly.
    Matt, MVP - Dynamics CRM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, July 31, 2009 8:38 PM
    Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:48 PM