Refreshing window opened from HTML web resource causes HTML to be loaded in place of record RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I've noticed a possible bug with either IE 11 or CRM 2013 when opening a new window from a HTML web resource, and I wonder if anyone has a workaround.

First off, the issue is that when a record is opened in a new window via either window.open() or through the href of an <a> element, the window opens with an entry in the history as indicated by the enabled back button. Refreshing this window will cause the HTML web resource to be loaded again, rather than the record. HOWEVER if the back button is pressed before the refresh, then the record will refresh as normal and the web resource wont be loaded.

It is part of our requirement that the record be open in a new window, so Xrm.Utility.openEntityForm wont work here unless we upgrade to 2015 Online which we are not prepared to do. We've already had to remove as many subgrids and web resources from forms as possible due to the unloading of these elements when the forward/back buttons are used, so this is becoming a real problem for heavily customised systems.

I would guess that it's an issue with the breadcrumb trail, but the bigger issue is how to get round it. If anyone has any way to open a new window, or to clear the history, it would be much appreciated :)

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:31 AM

All replies

• Been looking in to it further, and it seems that the additional entry that is added is the original URL with the breadcrumb number #0000000 of the parent window appended. IE seems to take priority of history entries with this breadcrumb identifier rather than the full URL.

The reason pressing 'back' before a refresh works is that it's going back to the full URL without the breadcrumb, which has the normal behaviour

Now to write a messy onload function to strip away the breadcrumb if the URL is the full one

Tuesday, May 12, 2015 9:59 AM