Solution Roadmap, CRM Implementation, and Data Integration Strategy RRS feed

• General discussion

• I'm new to CRM and am still learning about it. I have an assignment on CRM and since I have no prior experience in this area, I am struggling with it. I wonder if any one of you could give me some insights as to how I should go about it or any tips in answering this as I am so clueless right now.

I am not here to ask direct answers from anyone, I know it's an assignment and I'm supposed to be the one giving the answer, but if anyone could direct or guide me as to how I should go about this, I would really really appreciate it.

Case Scenario:

The client is a logistics company and they've been using their own in-house systems (both homegrown and packaged). Their Sales, Service, Marketing, Content Management and Reporting systems are all homegrown. And these data sources are not integrated. Those which are integrated are primarily through a middleware solution. They have no APIs and no Central Data Repository.

For the back-end functions, they rely on Oracle for areas like Accounting, Supply Chain, Billing, and Inventory Management. Again, there is no integration between Oracle and their homegrown systems. For email, they use Outlook.

So I have to come up with a comprehensive Solution Roadmap that would completely revamp CRM into a new system (or set of systems) that allows them to sell better, service faster, and market more efficiently.

I will also need to recommend the implementation of a CRM system that can replace these homegrown systems (they can be cloud, on premise, or hybrid).

Lastly, I will need to devise a comprehensive Data Integration Strategy between the CRM system and Oracle, as well as Social Media.

I am honestly clueless as to how to go about it even after attending the class for few times. This case scenario is I would say as close to what clients in real world are doing, they hire consultants to take care of these kinds of situations and as a student with no prior background in this, I find it so challenging.

Again, I would really appreciate any guidance and/or tips you could offer.

Thank you!

Tuesday, February 11, 2014 9:53 PM

All replies

• You could use Sql server intergation service to achieve this.

Hope this helps. ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Santosh Bhagat If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 4:19 AM
  • Hi,

About the road map, as you know marketing, sales and services are OOB features of CRM. For further solutions it completely depends on the strategies of the company. Some companies want to have all of their requirements in a unique system (simplicity and easy maintenance are the advantages). Hence, for these types deep customizations could be done to deploy accounting, inventory, HR ... systems in Dynamics CRM. Some others tend to have multiple systems with a syncing solution, each of systems could have its own DB or design (low costs of customization is an advantage). You should clearly describe these advantages and risks to the customer. On the other hand, the customer should see a demo of the CRM, its capabilities, features, integration and solutions to decide better.

And finally about the data integration, the first choice influences this one also. In case of a unique system it is clear that there should be only one DB. In case of second scenario, you could use web services of the CRM and other systems to integrate your data. Or even, in some cases you could use DB triggers for other systems.

Iranian Dynamics CRM Association | انجمن متخصصان ایرانی

Wednesday, February 12, 2014 5:58 AM