Why is my information overwritten and cannot be corrected by me RRS feed

• Question

• I have submitted my papers with correct information. But this is overwritten by many wrong information found in databases in the www. E.g. the databases delete letters in the names of my co-authors because they cannot correctly identify non-European accents. It is impossible to recognize my co.authors now with so many lost letters in their names.

Why do you believe in automatically generated information more than in information known to the authors themselves (and provided by them)?

How can I correct the spelling of the names of my co-authors. I only found how to remove them from the list or how to move them to another position.

Also fantastic guesses of my co-author's affiliation have been generated automatically. Is there a general way to make sure that correct information can be supplied and is not overwritten automatically because of some "intelligent" interpretation of the www?

Sunday, December 2, 2012 4:31 PM

Answers

• Hello Manfred,

Thank you for your interest in Academic Search. We sincerely appreciate your feedback. The information in Academic Search is based on the tens of millions of articles indexed from scholarly publishers and from contributions by end users like you. You can edit individual publication records and author profiles to ensure the author's name and/or organization appears correctly. To do so, click the Edit button to the right of the author's name or publication title, sign in with a Microsoft ID, and proceed to make any necessary changes. Alternatively, our editors can assist with making these changes. You are welcome to send requested edits to acadfb@microsoft.com. Please note that it may take time before edits appear on the live site.

Please let us know if we can provide any other assistance.

Best regards,

Thomas, Academic Search Editor

Wednesday, December 19, 2012 5:11 PM