Installing Windows Home Server 2011 on a ProLiant ML350e Gen 8 Server (Nothing appearing in Operating System Selection During Install) RRS feed

• Question

• I just purchased Windows Home Server software that required a new server to be purchased. I went with the ProLiant350e Gen8 Server. Upon starting up the new ProLiant server I booted from CD-Rom and got to the Windows Install program. I clicked  "Install A New Server" However, as soon as this page loads it gives me an error that says "Load Driver" "A required CD/DVD Drive Device Driver is Missing. If you have a floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now." It gives me the option to browse or click okay. Browse only brings up the (x:) Boot drive and VID. It doesn't find the driver in VID Than if I click okay it gives me a message that says "No Device Drivers were found. I have also tried to use Intelligent Provisioning but it checks the DVD drive after I get the error msg. "Unable to find any valid media".

Thanks in advance,

Tuesday, June 3, 2014 11:46 AM

Answers

• You might be better off asking this question on an HP site if the server needs specific drivers.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Proposed as answer by Justin Gu Thursday, June 5, 2014 3:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Justin Gu Sunday, June 22, 2014 4:07 PM
    Tuesday, June 3, 2014 10:20 PM