Background Image Issues RRS feed

• Question

• Technical stuff:  Windows Visa 64-bit; Visual Studio 2010 C#; 4.0 .NET; XHTML 1.0 Transitional; skill level is beginner to intermediate
    I had created a sample 'website' with four files, index.htm, master.css, bandpic1.jpg and circles.jpg via Notepad++.  I now want to expand it into a full-fledge website and dumped it into VS to take advantage of 'masterpages' and other things.
    I separated out the original index.htm into masterPages.master and default.aspx and copy/pasted the master.css with no changes.  Everything looks good code wise...no errors, no warnings.  I 'build', then 'run' and everything looks like it should EXCEPT that I'm missing my header background image.
    The code is:
    #header {
    	background-image: url(images/circles.jpg) no-repeat right;
    	height: 180px;
    	padding-right: 15px;
    	border-bottom: 1px solid #DA84DD;
    }
    I have tried: 
    (images/circles.jpg)
    (images\circles.jpg)
    ('images/circles.jpg')
    ("images/circles.jpg")
    * (~/images/circles.jpg)
    * (~images/circles.jpg)
    * breaking code line into individual componets
    * putting the circle.jpg in the main directory
    What makes this so frustrating is 1) it's the EXACT SAME code as was used previously, 2) I have an image file in my default.aspx page and it renders just time, and 3) this is not the first website that I have redesigned with Visual Studio.
    Any assistance is greatly appreciated.  Thank you.
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 6:28 PM

All replies

• This does not look like a class diagram XML but looks like CSS. Try forums.asp.net instead.

The following is signature, not part of post
    Please mark the post answered your question as the answer, and mark other helpful posts as helpful, so they will appear differently to other users who are visiting your thread for the same problem.
    Visual C++ MVP
    Sunday, May 29, 2011 7:02 PM
  • Sheng -

Thanks.

Sunday, May 29, 2011 9:05 PM