CRM 2011 Email Workflow Question RRS feed

• Question

• I created a workflow to send an email out to a user depending on the choice they selected on a pick list. 

My conditions for sending the email were:

If patron: Injury Severity equals [Major - Loss of Life], then:

send e-mail

I put in my own email address to see if it would send me an email but it doesn't.

If I go back to the entity, the status of the workflow is always "Waiting". Would I have to ask admin to give me email privilege or is it because I'm doing something wrong in my end?

Thanks

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 7:06 PM

Answers

• The only message I get from the work flow is "You cannot send e-mail as the selected user. The selected user has not allowed this or you do not have sufficient privileges to do so. Contact your system administrator for assistance."

I can send an email from the CRM outlook but not from CRM itself.

Edit: N/m I found the issue, it was a problem in one of my fields in the email template
    • Edited by TeaYou Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by TeaYou Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:25 PM

All replies

• Couple of things that you can check

1. Is the Assync Service running? If you don't have server access then you can simply check if other workflows are working fine.

2. Check if you are able to send an email from CRM (directly not through workflow)

3. Open the SystemJob of a workflow that is waiting and check if you have any message in the details area

If my response helps you in finding your answer then please click 'Mark as Answer' and 'Vote as Helpful'

Wednesday, November 6, 2013 10:48 PM
  • The only message I get from the work flow is "You cannot send e-mail as the selected user. The selected user has not allowed this or you do not have sufficient privileges to do so. Contact your system administrator for assistance."

I can send an email from the CRM outlook but not from CRM itself.

Edit: N/m I found the issue, it was a problem in one of my fields in the email template
    • Edited by TeaYou Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:01 PM
    • Marked as answer by TeaYou Tuesday, November 12, 2013 4:01 PM
    Tuesday, November 12, 2013 2:25 PM