none
New design colors RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

although i still like the new design, i noticed that the readability in the main forum view (the thread list) suffers because the titles have the same color as "edited by"-lines below. I think a different color would make a huge difference.
    Try to look just at the titles (even if you can't read them :) ) in the original (left) and the mock-up (right):

Thanks, Denniver

Blog: http://bytecookie.wordpress.com

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Monday, February 27, 2012 11:32 AM

Answers

• Sure, my comment was just as a heads up about this feature that could help you somehow.

Anyway, the design team already has on its backlog to make some color changes to improve readability, so stay tune J

Thanks for your feedback.

Community Forums QA

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:19 AM

All replies

• Hi Denniver,

Good suggestion.

Although this change is not intended to fix the problem you refer to, don’t you find this improved with the Bold titles we added for non-visited threads?

Thanks.

Community Forums QA

Monday, February 27, 2012 4:58 PM
  • Odd, hadn't seen that yet. Seeing your screenshot, i just realize that IE (in opposite to Firefox) displays one post in four different font sizes. Really? :)
    But the bold titles are definitively an improvement, yes. But it doesn't improve things if you try to skim over a list of posts, which are already marked as read.

Denniver

Hilf mit und markiere hilfreiche Beiträge als "Hilfreich" und Beiträge die deine Frage ganz oder teilweise beantwortet haben als "Antwort".

Monday, February 27, 2012 6:16 PM
  • Sure, my comment was just as a heads up about this feature that could help you somehow.

Anyway, the design team already has on its backlog to make some color changes to improve readability, so stay tune J

Thanks for your feedback.

Community Forums QA

Tuesday, February 28, 2012 12:19 AM
  • I don't see this in every forum?  Is it only in some?
    Tuesday, February 28, 2012 6:46 AM
  • It seems so. The german server forums for example, don't have the bold titles yet.

Wednesday, February 29, 2012 2:14 PM
  • Yes, it doesn't show in all Forums. It is part of the Technet Metro Style http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/reportabug/threads

Community Forums QA

Friday, March 2, 2012 7:20 AM
  • Hi Quincy,

This is the Forums Issues Technet page I linked and this is a Windows 7 Forum in Technet. The differences are that Win 7 page doesn’t have the bold/non bold feature plus some other CSS differences. We already have a bug tracking that.

On the other side, the Technet Windows category page and Using Forums category page look pretty alike.

Regards,
    Eduardo

Community Forums QA

Monday, March 5, 2012 6:50 PM
  • My point is to understand your feedback and from my QA position represent you and all our customers in front of the rest of the team while pushing for the best solution possible.

Thanks a lot for your feedback. That helps me to do a better job.

Community Forums QA

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 5:55 AM
  • I miss the old behavior we had in the newsgroups. The thread title was bold if there was any reply we had not yet read. In addition, we could mark a thread as one we were "watching". This would turn the title red. Bold red meant there was a new reply in a thread we were watching. We could also mark a thread as one we were not interested in (I forget the terminology) and the title was dim. I could easily monitor a dozen newsgroups by scanning for bold red threads. Then I would look at bold black threads. In the forums I am constantly opening the same threads to check if there is anything new, or if the subject is of interest. In the forums the bold title is of less use to me except to flag completely new questions. If the thread is not bold, I don't know if there is anything new. I can only monitor maybe 4 forums compared to the 12 newsgroups I used to monitor. I personally don't like notications. I get too many messages as it is.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Wednesday, March 7, 2012 4:42 PM