Problems with preview Images not appearing in stitch, crop and export. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have just downloaded the new release of ICE and it works fine for a while, after doing a few stitches the preview picture of the stitched image doesn't show up in either the stitch, crop or export sections.

Why is this? It's very frustrating and I keep having to restart the program to sort the problem out.

Any feedback and solutions would be greatly appreciated :)

Sunday, February 8, 2015 7:34 PM

All replies

• Sorry about this. The new version of ICE uses the GPU more extensively than the previous version. One quick thing to try is to make sure that you have the most up to date graphics drivers from your PC manufacturer.
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:35 PM
  • I have all the up to date drivers, I never had this problem with the old version or any other software for that matter.  ICE is a great piece of software especially the new version, but this is not the case if it doesn't work properly.  Maybe some more snag fixing needs to be done on Microsoft's end to fix these problems?
    Sunday, February 8, 2015 8:59 PM
  • We'd love to understand this problem more.  Could you please follow the steps below to give us diagnostic information about your graphics card and driver?

1. Run the "dxdiag" utility.  (The easiest way to do this is to type Windows+R, then "dxdiag", then Enter.)
    2. After it finishes scanning your system, press the "Save All Information" button at the bottom.
    3. Choose an easily remembered location for the "dxdiag.txt" output file (like the Desktop).
    4. Mail the "dxdiag.txt" file to us at hdview@Microsoft.com.  In your message, please remind us of your forum username "earthspark78".

Thanks!

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Monday, February 9, 2015 8:19 PM
  • I just upgraded to ICE 2.0 and it wont display images in the stitch (or any other) view.

1. Is there a solution?
    2 in the meantime, is there some way I can download and go back to V1.4?

running on Windows 7 64 bit

Thanks

Monday, February 9, 2015 10:54 PM
  • I am having a similar issue.

I can import the images and they appear in the import screen, I press next and it completes the processing but nothing appears in the stich, crop or export stages yet if I proceed through to the end it can save a completed combined image to disk.

I have mailed my dxdiag to the address you provided.

Tuesday, February 10, 2015 2:31 PM
  • Everyone who reported blank Stitch/Crop/Export pages in ICE:

While we haven't figured out the problem yet, we have released an update to ICE (version 2.0.3) that should help us determine the cause.  The new version will display a message instead of a blank screen whenever ICE fails to render a preview, and it will send Microsoft anonymous telemetry data that we hope will narrow down the issue.

Please download the latest version from the ICE home page (http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/um/redmond/projects/ice/), or simply accept the automatic update next time you run ICE.

Thanks!

Eric Stollnitz, Computational Photography Group, Microsoft Research

Thursday, February 26, 2015 10:59 PM
  • I have version 2.0.3 and it does not display any message with the blank preview screen.
    Wednesday, May 27, 2015 9:33 AM
  • The same here! No message, and blank preview screen. Windows 7, 64 bit.
    Sunday, August 21, 2016 6:17 PM
  • I installed the version from 2015, and it works fine. But the newer version does not? Quite strange.
    Sunday, August 21, 2016 6:53 PM
  • I have a similar problem even with 2.0.3. I can still export the image and it shows up, but it doesn't allow me to see any preview. 
    Wednesday, September 28, 2016 1:29 AM