none
Two HP Media Smart Servers with different software versions. RRS feed

• Question

• I have two HP Media Smart Servers one is EX485 and One is 490. The 485 came with WHS software version 2.0 and I have since upgraded it to 2.5. The 490 came with 3.0. Can I install 3.0 on the 485 as well? How do I get into both servers. I am now connected to the 490 but not the 485. I was disconnected from the 485 when I installed the 490.

I am very sorry if this is totally confusing but I am a bit confused. If you could use more than 10 clients on WHS I would not have to have the two servers. I needed 12 clients. Thanks for any help you can give me.
    Friday, January 29, 2010 9:04 PM

Answers

• The Windows Home Server portion of the software should be the same version on both servers. You can view that in the console, Settings tab, Resources view. If it's not, use the Update button in the console to apply updates for the server that isn't up to date.

The HP software is at version 2.5 on the older hardware; HP has not released a newer version for that hardware yet. The most recent information on that can be found here.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:10 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:27 PM

All replies

• The Windows Home Server portion of the software should be the same version on both servers. You can view that in the console, Settings tab, Resources view. If it's not, use the Update button in the console to apply updates for the server that isn't up to date.

The HP software is at version 2.5 on the older hardware; HP has not released a newer version for that hardware yet. The most recent information on that can be found here.

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)
    • Marked as answer by dsosb Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:10 PM
    Friday, January 29, 2010 11:27 PM
  • Thanks very much. That clears up a lot for me.
    Sunday, January 31, 2010 6:11 PM