Audit History - An error has occurred RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi

    On a specific (opportunity) record we get an Error - An error has occurred... message with no further details. Can anyone advise as to how to work out what's gone wrong here and how to fix? I've looked at the auditbase table for the specific record and it doesn't seem to reveal anything useful. Incidentally the audit history seems to work for other opportunities and entities.


    Monday, January 19, 2015 1:38 PM

All replies

  • Hi,

    I had this issue a couple of months ago - I spent days going through it but I did solve it. Because there was so little help out there, I wrote a blog entry on it...

    https://crmjon.wordpress.com/ - it's about the third one down the page.

    This may help you with your issue but, after I'd written this, I found other things that were also causing problems but what I've written did solve about 95% of the problems.

    I hope it helps.


    Monday, January 19, 2015 4:27 PM
  • And just to add to this...

    If you find a suspicious looking entry in the auditbase table, you can try opening up the Audit History of that record but if any of the records in there are problematic, you'll get the error message. However, if you look at the date and time of the entry in the auditbase table, you can always go into the Audit Summary View via Settings -> Auditing and find the particular entry. Try opening it and, if it errors, then it could be the cause. You can then keep doing this until the Audit History works again.

    Monday, January 19, 2015 4:35 PM
  • Hello,

    Seems that you have CRM OnPremise. Try to turn on trace, restart IIS, repeat invocation of an error and recheck logs - it should contain the description of an error.

    Dynamics CRM MVP/ Technical Evangelist at SlickData LLC
    My blog

    Monday, January 19, 2015 4:35 PM