How to manage circle with Live OneCare 2.0 RRS feed

• Question

• I dowload and installed Live OneCare 2.5 beta. Up to now, I am quite happy, even it is hard to see the differences and improvments with Live OneCare 2.0.

The point is I cannot add any computer (that used to belong to my circle) which has already Live OnceCare 2.0 installed and working.

Question 1: Does it mean LOC 2.5 beta is not able to recognize LOC 2.0.

Question 2: Since LOC 2.5 is a beta version, I do not want to install it on every computer in my circle. I would like to keep LOC 2.0 in my circle computers. Therefore, how to add computers with LOC 2.0

Thanks in advance for any clues about.

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:55 AM

Answers

• You can't activate the 2.5 beta with a LiveID for a paid subscription.

The back end environment is different for production and beta.

If you have been provided with a key to test the beta activation, that subscription will not be part of a production OneCare Circle.

-steve

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:10 PM

All replies

• Computers will be in the same Circle if they are activated using the same Windows Live ID.

To activate OC 2.5 beta, you need a Windows live id that has beta subscription.

Please check if you are using the same Live ID to activate oc 2.5 and 2.0

Monday, April 28, 2008 7:53 AM
  • Thanks 1Care.

I use only one Live ID. I used it from the LOC 2.0 beta to LOC 2.5 beta. My Windows Live OneCare Beta was purchased on 08/10/2007 and is valid until 8/10/2008

Please let me know how to activate my computers using LOC 2.0 to my Hub PC using LOC 2.5 beta.

Thanks

Monday, April 28, 2008 11:06 AM
  • You can't activate the 2.5 beta with a LiveID for a paid subscription.

The back end environment is different for production and beta.

If you have been provided with a key to test the beta activation, that subscription will not be part of a production OneCare Circle.

-steve

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:10 PM
  • Thanks Steve.

As far as I understand, LOC 2.5 beta was activated with a LOC beta valid to 8/10/2008, since it says on LOC 2.5 my subscription ends on this date.

My paid subscription for LOC 2.0 is valid until 12/6/2008.

So, I understand I can add computers to my circle running LOC 2.0... Right?

Monday, April 28, 2008 3:23 PM
  • A OneCare Circle is defined by all computers activated with the same subscription LiveID. Add to that, they need to be in same environment - meaning that a beta subscription and a paid subscription are different environments and can never be in the same Circle.

So, if you have two computers running version 2.0 of OneCare from http://onecare.live.com activated with a subscription LiveID, they are in the same Circle. By license, you can have up to 3 computers activated and running OneCare on a paid subscription.

If you have two computers running 2.5 downloaded from the link on Connect, and you have a beta subscription due to being part of an activation test, they can be in the same Circle if activated with the beta subscription LiveID.

-steve

Monday, April 28, 2008 4:05 PM