none
Question for 70-483 reg Predefined values for types RRS feed

• Question

• I am preparing for 70-483 exam.

My exam is on 23rd of April. Is there anyone studying for the same so that we can create study partnership and prepare for it.

With respect to exam, do we need to memorize the predefined values for the types?

Kind Regds

Tuesday, April 1, 2014 8:26 PM

Answers

• Hi, PraneelAchin.

Microsoft has a Wiki and Forum for people to share thoughts about exam 70-483, located here:
    http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/certification/developer/w/wiki/538.483-programming-in-c.aspx

As well, you should definitely take advantage of the free online training offered by Microsoft for exam 70-483, located here:
    http://www.microsoftvirtualacademy.com/training-courses/developer-training-with-programming-in-c

In regards to the exam content, I can't tell you what exactly is on the exam. However, I can tell you that C# developers should know the default values for all fields declared at the class level if they aren't being set in the constructor.

They are not that hard to memorize because all the number types are initialized as zero (0), Boolean is set to false, and string and objects are set to null. Know that they are not automatically initialized if they are declared inside a method.

// C# automatically sets all member variables to a safe default value.
    class DefaultValues
    {
      // Here are a number of fields and the corresponding defaults
      private sbyte   theSignedByte;  // = 0
      private byte    theByte;        // = 0
      private short   theShort;       // = 0
      private int     theInt;         // = 0
      private long    theLong;        // = 0
      private char    theChar;        // = 0
      private float   theFloat;       // = 0.0
      private double  theDouble;      // = 0.0
      private bool    theBool;        // = false