help from someone that installed WHS on VMware RRS feed

• Question

• hello all
    i posted an early post that explain what i did so far ( problem with unstalling WHS and connectors )

after i was able to update my server an installed IE7 + able to connect my compter with the connection CD .

my main problem is the comunication :

i installed a VMWARE and in the VMware i installed 2 virtual machines ( 1.XP PRO  2. WHS )
    i'm working on my laptop with my wireless connection .
    i bridged both of the virtual machinces and now i have internet on them.
    my problem is that i can't acsses my server form the internet - i think it's a router setting problem and i need your help

my server has an ip :10.0.0.10 , my XP pro has 10.0.0.11 and my lap top (host) has 10.0.0.2

i tried to port forwarding the ports : 80 , 443, 4125 to the ip 10.0.0.10  - as was told in the help of the server. - but it didn't help - still can't log on to my server from the internet .

i can manage my server from the LAN - if i'm on my VM (XP) i can log on to the server using \\10.0.0.10\home
    but i can't from the WAN - if i'm on my VM (XP) i can't log on using \\XXXX.myhomeserver.com\home

i don't know what else to do and i realy need the help of someone what has a router and did the same on VMware

please please help me out 

thanks
    ok103
    Friday, November 28, 2008 6:44 AM

Answers

• ok103 said:

hello all
    i posted an early post that explain what i did so far ( problem with unstalling WHS and connectors )

after i was able to update my server an installed IE7 + able to connect my compter with the connection CD .

my main problem is the comunication :

i installed a VMWARE and in the VMware i installed 2 virtual machines ( 1.XP PRO  2. WHS )
    i'm working on my laptop with my wireless connection .
    i bridged both of the virtual machinces and now i have internet on them.
    my problem is that i can't acsses my server form the internet - i think it's a router setting problem and i need your help

my server has an ip :10.0.0.10 , my XP pro has 10.0.0.11 and my lap top (host) has 10.0.0.2

i tried to port forwarding the ports : 80 , 443, 4125 to the ip 10.0.0.10  - as was told in the help of the server. - but it didn't help - still can't log on to my server from the internet .

i can manage my server from the LAN - if i'm on my VM (XP) i can log on to the server using \\10.0.0.10\home
    but i can't from the WAN - if i'm on my VM (XP) i can't log on using \\XXXX.myhomeserver.com\home

i don't know what else to do and i realy need the help of someone what has a router and did the same on VMware

please please help me out 

thanks
    ok103

Did you configure Remote Access in the Console?  Do you have any errors listed when you set it up?  Perhaps your ISP is blocking one or more ports.
    • Marked as answer by ok103 Thursday, December 18, 2008 9:48 AM
    Friday, November 28, 2008 4:32 PM