a error occured when Configure Certificates RRS feed

• Question

• my deploy the enterprise pool on a win2003EnterpriseEdition with sp1 PC that installed active directory and SQL2005 with sp1.

and  deploy the components of office communications server (step 5 of  Deploy Pools in a Consolidated Topology) on another PC of win2003R2EnterpriseEdition with sp1 that is member computer of the domain.

i planned to deploy single communication server, so not configure the load balance.

when arrived step 6, On the Certificates Wizard completed successfully page,

prompt "the certificate request is pending. once the certification authority notifies you of approval, you can use certificate wizard to complete the request" and no assign button.

and run step 6 again, On the Available certificate tasks page, the option is "Assign an existing certificate(process pending requests later)"  not smae as deployment Guide document.

what problem of my deployment?

Thanks!

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 9:19 AM

Answers

• i found my answer of the question

i issued the pending request form CA and exported the certificate.

then installed to member machine

run step 6 again...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 11:22 AM

All replies

• You will need to logon to your issuing CA and manually approve the certificate - it will then automaticallly be issued to the requestion server.

I am guessing by the fact you say there is 'no assign' button you are trying to assign if from within the OCS Cert wizard, if so you will have to do what I mentioned above.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 9:30 AM
  •  

thanks

i manually approve the certificate yet, but the "step 8 start services" always disable to run

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 9:51 AM
  • Sorry mate I'm not sure what you are saying - are you saying that you have approved the certificate or have not approved it?

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 1:29 PM
  • Once you approve the certificate request, you will then have to assign the certificate. Run Step 6 again and assign it. then you can move on to the next step.

Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:15 PM
  •  

i manually approved the certificate from "certification authority",

and run step 6 again, the option still is "Assign an existing certificate(process pending requests later)" 

then click "next", the list of available certificates is null
    Thursday, August 2, 2007 2:15 AM
  • i found my answer of the question

i issued the pending request form CA and exported the certificate.

then installed to member machine

run step 6 again...

Tuesday, August 7, 2007 11:22 AM