E-mail router: queues are not receiving incoming e-mail RRS feed

• Question

• I've set ut a number of queues to receiving incoming e-mails and all are working except for two.

I've modified my queues so that they deleting incoming e-mail in the exchange mailbox, according to this . Now the two queues that aren't working have been added after the first round. I noticed that the e-mail router config file, Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.xml, did not contain entries for those two. "Easy fix" I thought and added the two queues with the correct password from the database.

When trying to access those queues I get the following error:

#26090 - An error occurred while opening mailbox myqueue@domain.com
    System.Security.Cryptography.CryptographicException: Padding is invalid and cannot be removed.
      at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.DecryptData(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount, Byte[]& outputBuffer, Int32 outputOffset, PaddingMode paddingMode, Boolean fLast)
      at System.Security.Cryptography.RijndaelManagedTransform.TransformFinalBlock(Byte[] inputBuffer, Int32 inputOffset, Int32 inputCount)
      at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.FlushFinalBlock()
      at System.Security.Cryptography.CryptoStream.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
      at System.IO.Stream.Close()
      at System.IO.Stream.Dispose()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Encryptor.Decrypt(String encryptedText)
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.InitExchangeConnector()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.ExchangePollingMailboxProvider.OpenMailbox()
      at Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Email.Providers.CrmPollingMailboxProvider.Run()

The password in the config file is the same as in  the database, and all other properties are exactly the same as the other queues (except for obvious ones like username...)

I tried delete one of the queues, first remove it from the config file, and then from CRM, and the readding it.

After adding it, it did not show up in the config file, and not in the state file, Microsoft.Crm.Tools.EmailAgent.SystemState.xml, either.

Any idea what's going on?

Thursday, May 6, 2010 9:46 AM

Answers

• Thanks for replying akif although it wouldn't have solved the problem.

It turned out to be a password problem, i.e wrong password on the e-mail account.

• Marked as answer by flowjob Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:11 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:11 AM

All replies

• Emails are stored in the config file in encrypted format and from the error its looks like it is an issue with decrypting password. Dont add password or queue entries directly in the file.

1. Go to CRM and from Queue settings, first configure email settings for Queue in the CRM,
    2. then from the Email Router, load users, queue and forward mailboxes and then publish your settings.
    3. Finally, now if you will open config file, you will be able to find entries for queue with passwords stored in encrypted format.
    4. Now you can update settings as per https://community.dynamics.com/blogs/navuksupportteam/comments/18738.aspx

Regards,

Akif
    • Proposed as answer by ckeller Friday, May 7, 2010 5:40 PM
    • Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Friday, May 7, 2010 6:59 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by flowjob Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:09 AM
    Friday, May 7, 2010 4:13 PM
  • Thanks for replying akif although it wouldn't have solved the problem.

It turned out to be a password problem, i.e wrong password on the e-mail account.

• Marked as answer by flowjob Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:11 AM
    Saturday, May 8, 2010 9:11 AM