Office license expiring after installing VSTO addin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have developed and Outlook addin for Office 2003 System and it is working fine with all the clients.

A couple of days back, one of my client who installed the addin for the first time complained that, Outlook is showing 'Your copy of Office is not genuine' after installing the addin. It happened with all the systems in their company in which addin is installed.

We install .NET Framework 2.0, VSTO 2005 SE Runtime and Outlook 2003 PIAs before installing the addin.

I don't think that its a problem with my addin (as it worked fine with all the clients perfectly). Isn't it?

The client is arguing that its a problem with my addin. But, unfortunately I couldn't pin down the cause for this even after exploring their system. 

Could anyone please help me in digging out the issue? I need to answer him asap.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Pranav Ainavolu
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:08 AM

Answers

• "Pranav Ainavolu" wrote in message news:9e441940-e499-48cb-985d-6e2f5e8c8115...

Hi All,

I have developed and Outlook addin for Office 2003 System and it is working fine with all the clients.

A couple of days back, one of my client who installed the addin for the first time complained that, Outlook is showing 'Your copy of Office is not genuine' after installing the addin. It happened with all the systems in their company in which addin is installed.

We install .NET Framework 2.0, VSTO 2005 SE Runtime and Outlook 2003 PIAs before installing the addin.

I don't think that its a problem with my addin (as it worked fine with all the clients perfectly). Isn't it?

The client is arguing that its a problem with my addin. But, unfortunately I couldn't pin down the cause for this even after exploring their system. 

Could anyone please help me in digging out the issue? I need to answer him asap.

Pranav Ainavolu

It would help to see copies of the MGADiag report for a couple of the affected systems....
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Also - what happens if your add-in is uninstalled? Does the system revert to 'genuine' status?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:14 AM

All replies

• "Pranav Ainavolu" wrote in message news:9e441940-e499-48cb-985d-6e2f5e8c8115...

Hi All,

Pranav Ainavolu

It would help to see copies of the MGADiag report for a couple of the affected systems....
    To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
    Once saved, run the tool.
    Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
    To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Also - what happens if your add-in is uninstalled? Does the system revert to 'genuine' status?

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Monday, October 11, 2010 10:26 PM
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 6:14 AM
  • No reply from the Original Poster.

Issue is assumed to be resolved.

Darin MS
    Monday, October 11, 2010 10:26 PM