Edit Enterprise Resources Using VBA RRS feed

• Question

• Is it possible to check-out enterprise resources from the enterprise resource pool from Project Server 2010 using VBA?

Friday, November 5, 2010 8:19 PM

Answers

• Yes. This code will open the resource with ID of 3 and set their initials to FOO, then close and check in the resource.

sub openPool()

EnterpriseResourcesOpen EUID:=3, OpenType:=pjReadWrite

For Each Resource in ActiveProject Resources

Resource.Intials = "FOO"

Next Resource

DisplayAlerts = False

FileClose

DisplayAlerts = True

End Sub

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 5, 2010 10:04 PM

All replies

• Yes. This code will open the resource with ID of 3 and set their initials to FOO, then close and check in the resource.

sub openPool()

EnterpriseResourcesOpen EUID:=3, OpenType:=pjReadWrite

For Each Resource in ActiveProject Resources

Resource.Intials = "FOO"

Next Resource

DisplayAlerts = False

FileClose

DisplayAlerts = True

End Sub

Jack Dahlgren blogs at:
    Project and Retrovention
    and rarely Twitter
    Friday, November 5, 2010 10:04 PM
  • Jack,  Thanks.  This worked perfectly.  Quick question - is there a way to tie VBA to my managed code?  I have a windows service I'd like to tie this to.
    Sunday, November 7, 2010 3:12 PM
  • Jack,

The openPool() code (above) makes the change for one user (EUID:=3).  How would the code change if you wanted to make the change for all users?

I have messed with this a bit and cannot seem to get the syntax correct.

We have had recurring incidents lately where Project Server's sync to A/D fails--and inactivates a large number of users.  I just want a simple VBA fix where I can quickly reset all users to "Active".  That's where I'm headed with this.

Thanks,

Ed

Tuesday, March 22, 2011 5:59 PM
  • Edward,

I'm not sure how to work with all resources in VBA but in C# you can get all necessary resource IDs using web service and then use EnterpriseResourcesOpen(resIDs) function. Where resIDs is a string with semicolumn-separated IDs, e.g. "1;2;3" (although the documentation says that comma-separated values should be used).  

Regards,

Alexander

Friday, May 20, 2011 12:29 PM