Drag And Drop Not Working RRS feed

• Question

•  I've been running PP-1 on my WHS now since the day after it was released with zero problems.... until now. I was just up-loading some files to the server from a remote location and could not get the "Drag And Drop" function to work at all. Normal upload works just fine. I also have not tried the DND feature while logged on at home so can't answer if it works over the LAN or not. Server is a Dell 2650 with plenty of empty HD space and 4gb of ram. The files that I was attempting to DND were JPEG and RAW photo files not over 10mb each.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

Mark

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:24 AM

Answers

• Drag and drop requires the installation of an ActiveX control. After the installation of that control, you may need to close Internet Explorer and restart it.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:42 AM
  • Ahhhhh, Got it working now. I downloaded the latest Active-X  version which I believe was ver. 3.02 and that brought things to life. VERY NICE TOO!! I like the crawler so you know how the download is progressing. Will follow up and do this on all my puters.

Mark

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:59 PM

All replies

•  Mark2450 wrote:
     I've been running PP-1 on my WHS now since the day after it was released with zero problems.... until now. I was just up-loading some files to the server from a remote location and could not get the "Drag And Drop" function to work at all. Normal upload works just fine. I also have not tried the DND feature while logged on at home so can't answer if it works over the LAN or not. Server is a Dell 2650 with plenty of empty HD space and 4gb of ram. The files that I was attempting to DND were JPEG and RAW photo files not over 10mb each.

Thanks in advance for any insight into this problem.

Mark

(First, PP1 is now out as of today, you might want to uninstall the beta and grab the final version).

What steps are you taking to enable the Drag and Drop?  What kind of error message do you get (if any)?

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:49 AM
  • Drag and drop requires the installation of an ActiveX control. After the installation of that control, you may need to close Internet Explorer and restart it.
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 11:42 AM
  •  I don't get any messages or warnings that pop up, actually nothing happens at all. I can drag a file to the center of the circle and thats it. As far as I can tell the upload button should then be highlighted so I can upload but it isn't. I have Active-X on all my puters that are on the server.. Do I need ot load it on the server too and if so is there any special version I should load?

Thanks again for everyones help!!

Mark

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:50 PM
  • Ahhhhh, Got it working now. I downloaded the latest Active-X  version which I believe was ver. 3.02 and that brought things to life. VERY NICE TOO!! I like the crawler so you know how the download is progressing. Will follow up and do this on all my puters.

Mark

Tuesday, July 22, 2008 1:59 PM
  • As a point of interest, Mark, can you tell me a brief history of the client you first fixed the problem on? I can't imagine why you would need to install a new version of ActiveX...
    Tuesday, July 22, 2008 3:12 PM