Windows 8.1 comaptibility of Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Crystal Reports Basic for Visual Studio 2008  worked ok on windows 8(32 and 64 bit).
    With 8.1 update or clean install pdf export does not work any more.
    It gives error "Operation not yet implemented".
    For bigger discussin on SAP:
    http://scn.sap.com/message/14460265

Seems newer Crystal Reports has not such problem, but not all people can't upgrade to NET framework 4.5 over some days.

On windows 8.1 compatibily check it says compatible.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013 5:41 AM

Answers

• Hi Ivx,

Actually the forum for Crystal Reports was retired like this forum.  Like the announcement there: For Crystal Reports please see: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=313.

So if possible, you could post this issue to the above correct forum, I think you could get dedicated support there, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:25 AM

All replies

• Hi Ivx,

Actually the forum for Crystal Reports was retired like this forum.  Like the announcement there: For Crystal Reports please see: http://forums.sdn.sap.com/forum.jspa?forumID=313.

So if possible, you could post this issue to the above correct forum, I think you could get dedicated support there, thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 13, 2013 4:47 PM
    • Marked as answer by Just Karl Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:37 PM
    Wednesday, October 30, 2013 6:25 AM
  • Hi,

We've just had this same PDF export issue using an old version of Crystal 9.

It turns out the Times New Roman font shipped with Windows8.1 (v6.85) is the cause of the problem.

Yes I know that sounds a little bit daft but I did prove it a few different ways.

If you resort to the Win8 version 6.81 everything works fine.

Just thought it might help someone.

Phil
    Friday, November 8, 2013 9:06 AM
  • Hi,

We've just had this same PDF export issue using an old version of Crystal 9.

It turns out the Times New Roman font shipped with Windows8.1 (v6.85) is the cause of the problem.

Yes I know that sounds a little bit daft but I did prove it a few different ways.

If you resort to the Win8 version 6.81 everything works fine.

Just thought it might help someone.

Phil

Thanks for sharing, recently I upgraded OS to Windows 8.1 and just today I found out that my solution using Crystal Reports stopped exporting to PDF. This is a great find.

Windows 8.1 Times New Roman fonts are causing older Crystal Reports (v8.5 through 10) as well as versions for VS2005 and VS2008 same issues.

So, I copied v6.80-6.81 Times New Roman fonts over new ones and that fixed all export to PDF issues.

Monday, November 11, 2013 7:49 PM
  • My new computer is Windows 8.1 and I am using an older Crystal Reports integrated into another program.  Where can I find the Times New Roman font to correct the export problem?

Thanks,

Anita

Friday, January 3, 2014 8:48 PM
  • I had the same issue with my win 8.1 pc, so I copied the Times New Roman fonts from my windows 7 professional PC (v5.08) and everything works fine now. 
    Sunday, January 26, 2014 11:40 AM
  • resolvido ... alterei o tipo de letra e já dá. 

obrigada

Monday, September 1, 2014 3:45 PM
  • Thank you.. That was really helpful.
    • Proposed as answer by FabioDaten Tuesday, October 28, 2014 12:58 PM
    Tuesday, October 28, 2014 9:02 AM
  • Hi All,

FYI we had this same problem exporting reports containing Times New Roman to PDF with Crystal 10 on Windows 8.1. TNR v6.85 appears to have been the problem as others have said. We worked around it by changing the fonts in our reports at runtime to Arial. This worked ok until v6.88 of both TNR and Arial were released recently. Both fonts now cause a similar error ("Failed to export the report") when exporting to PDF. These versions of the fonts started to appear recently, most likely in optional hotfix 3102429 which was released on the 17th of November.

(Microsoft: it would be pretty cool if there was a tool which could tell you when/in which update a certain version of a particular file was released. The typography subsite has one for fonts but it only goes up to v6.80)

From testing it appears that v6.90 of both these fonts (on Windows 10) are NOT affected. It also appears that v6.87 of both fonts were NOT affected (i.e. the problem introduced in TNR 6.85 was temporarily fixed).  I have tested a number of other fonts as substitutes for TNR and Arial and none of the other fonts tested so far, including others in the above hotfix, have exhibited the problem.

Be excellent to each other.

Monday, November 30, 2015 7:43 PM