none
Error LNK1123 on Windows 7 Visual Studio 2010

Question

• I tried to build the Windows verison of PuTTY on my Windows 7 workstation using VS 2010. The code compiled with some warnings about deprecated functions but it produces an error 'LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt'.

I  went to the Property Pages->Linker->General and set incremental linking to 'No'. I also entered the folder path where the file 'cvtres.exe' is located. I also installed Visual Studio 2010 SP1. I also set 'Embed Manifest' to 'No'. Nothing seems to work.

I have rebooted and rebuilt the entire project at least ten times with the changes mentioned above implemented. There is something else I probably missed however, I do not see it in the threads on the various blogs and forums.

Taurus64

Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:23 PM

Answers

• Hi Taurus64,

>>I tried to build the Windows verison of PuTTY on my Windows 7 workstation using VS 2010.

If it generated the error when you build your project, I doubt that this forum is not the correct forum for this issue since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

But one important issue is that whether it is related to third party product. Would you mind letting us know more information about the "PuTTY "?

Maybe you could get better support here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:12 AM

All replies

• Hi Taurus64,

>>I tried to build the Windows verison of PuTTY on my Windows 7 workstation using VS 2010.

If it generated the error when you build your project, I doubt that this forum is not the correct forum for this issue since this forum is to discuss the VS IDE.

But one important issue is that whether it is related to third party product. Would you mind letting us know more information about the "PuTTY "?

Maybe you could get better support here:

http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Wednesday, April 01, 2015 9:12 AM
  • I contacted the PuTTY development team.

Taurus64

Thursday, April 16, 2015 11:35 PM