none
Why is marking a post as an answer (as Moderator) no longer enough ? RRS feed

• Question

• I just moved an answer (not by me) that had been proposed as an answer (and which I had - since that proposal - edited) and needed to not only do that once but twice because I got a screen that in effect said "is this an answer" with a "Answer" check box that needed to be filled out.

The same sort of thing has started to happen when I delete a thread too.

I hope this is just a software glitch because there ought to be no need to do things twice ...

P.S. I got related threads here too (after I wrote the question) - can this function be turned off in my user setup ?

I don't seem to be seeing this (actually both related threads and this extra page) in Safari / Mac or Chrome so in this case I am happy for the browser differences (and about to install Chrome on this Vista / IE7 machine ....)
    Friday, May 1, 2009 11:36 AM

Answers

• This happens when the page load isn't completed yet.  I think there's some Javascript that patches the DOM and give the buttons their in-line behavior.  That same scripting is probably also responsible for the script timeout errors.  I've seen a few cases where tapping my foot for a while wasn't good enough and required me to press F5 to refresh the page completely.  Afaik, there's no way to tell that it is "ready".  Make sure Javascript is enabled in the browser.

Hans Passant.
    Friday, May 1, 2009 11:54 AM