still having a couple problems RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded live onecare and went thru the cleanup process yesterday, but have 2 problems so far.

the power option 'standby' still won't work properly and real player had to close in mid downloading a video.

Shouldn't the software have corrected these? To this point the comp hasnt suddenly closed on or off line.

Thanks,

Roland.

Monday, October 13, 2008 6:10 PM

Answers

• Neither of these problems would be addressed by OneCare.

The standby option is a function of your motherboard chipset capabilities and may be hampered by devices installed/attached to the PC. Common reasons for standby not working are the video driver, network adapters, and USB devices and drivers.

Real Player crashing could be due to any number of things and I would recommend contacting Real Networks for help on resolving that.

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:14 PM

All replies

• Neither of these problems would be addressed by OneCare.

The standby option is a function of your motherboard chipset capabilities and may be hampered by devices installed/attached to the PC. Common reasons for standby not working are the video driver, network adapters, and USB devices and drivers.

Real Player crashing could be due to any number of things and I would recommend contacting Real Networks for help on resolving that.

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:14 PM
  • this is helpful Steve. another problem.. my comp just crashed while reading a mssge on-line from 'Error Smart' registry fixer.. can you help me with this? Roland.

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:41 PM
  • If you mean this program - http://www.errorsmart.com/?hop=softp - my first recommendation is to restore anything that the program purports to have fixed since you started using it *or* contact them for help. Your problems may not have been caused by that program, but they may have been made worse rather than better. I generally do not recommend the use of any Registry fix or cleaning program as they can cause more problems than they can fix. If you don't know what entries are being changed/removed and why, you shouldn't be using these kinds of programs.

-steve

Tuesday, October 14, 2008 5:08 PM