Disabling No Reply/Reply All/Forward from calendar RRS feed

• Question

• I have a couple of customers who have asked about being able to prohibit the sending of an item from their Outlook calendar. 

When viewing an entry on the calendar, the action buttons (Disable Reply/Reply All/Forward) are all greyed out. 

Is there an ability to restrict the actions of the item as it sits on the calendar? 

Monday, March 28, 2016 3:49 PM

Answers

• Not sure I fully understand: an item in the calendar is a little bit like an email in your inbox - it's been received, and all you can do directly with it is view it. As with material in the inbox, you can respond in some way, which will create a new item (eg, email response or forward a calendar entry) and those new items will let you set the noreply, etc status. By the time the thing is in your calendar, it's too late to affect it. When you create the calendar entry in the first place (eg, by issuing a meeting request), the buttons should be available, to let you mark the item as not forwardable when it lands in the recipient's calendar. In other words, if you want someone not to be able to forward a calendar entry, it needs to be marked as no-forward when it's first created, and you can't change that setting once it's in the calendar. Does that make sense?

I do have to admit, though, that this hasn't been tested much!

• Marked as answer by J Ladry Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:07 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 6:17 PM

All replies

• Not sure I fully understand: an item in the calendar is a little bit like an email in your inbox - it's been received, and all you can do directly with it is view it. As with material in the inbox, you can respond in some way, which will create a new item (eg, email response or forward a calendar entry) and those new items will let you set the noreply, etc status. By the time the thing is in your calendar, it's too late to affect it. When you create the calendar entry in the first place (eg, by issuing a meeting request), the buttons should be available, to let you mark the item as not forwardable when it lands in the recipient's calendar. In other words, if you want someone not to be able to forward a calendar entry, it needs to be marked as no-forward when it's first created, and you can't change that setting once it's in the calendar. Does that make sense?

I do have to admit, though, that this hasn't been tested much!

• Marked as answer by J Ladry Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:07 PM
    Monday, March 28, 2016 6:17 PM
  • That makes perfect sense, and goes with what I was seeing when I was experimenting. Some customers were getting confused and believing that the plugin "wasn't working" because the action items were greyed out when they went to make an update to an item on their calendar. 

Through some trial and error, I discovered what you were saying; that the "new item" CAN be actioned on, but as soon as its an entry in the calendar, you can't do anything with it. 

Thank you for the very quick reply!! 

Tuesday, March 29, 2016 3:07 PM