Where do mail in a counterfeit copy of Office? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently unknowingly bought a very good counterfeit copy of Office Pro 2007 on eBay. It was sealed in plastic in a retail box and had the COA however it failed validation at MS saying it's Office Professional Plus and MGAdiag says it has an invalid VLK. I reinspected the COA and the MS logo is missing. I contacted the seller who blew me off, filed a report with eBay, and submitted a report with MS. Where can I send this to take advantage of the Genuine Office Complimentary Offer? The MS website seems to answer every conceivable question except for what address to use when mailing in the software.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 3:00 PM

Answers

All replies

• You have to actually have the suspected counterfeit copy of Microsft Office installed on your computer, then visit Microsoft Genuine Advantage and click on Validate Office.  After validation fails, click on the Get Genuine button for further information and instructions.

Also see: Report Suspected Piracy and Details of the genuine Office Complimentary Offer
    Carey Frisch
    Friday, January 22, 2010 6:05 PM
  • And I've been trying to generate a counterfeit Office 2010 report for a couple of weeks.  The web site is broken and the report can NOT be generated.
    Friday, January 22, 2010 7:28 PM
  • And I've been trying to generate a counterfeit Office 2010 report for a couple of weeks.  The web site is broken and the report can NOT be generated.

Office 2010 has not been released yet so it cannot be "counterfeit" unless you downloaded it from an unauthorized web site.
    Carey Frisch
    Friday, January 22, 2010 9:32 PM
  • Carey, I did as you suggested. I get all the way through the report and when click submit I get the following: "Ordering Process Unavailable  Your machine is unable to run the components required to complete the ordering process for the Office Genuine Advantage Kit. It appears that the ActiveX control cannot run properly on your machine." Since this is a counterfeit and I had to uninstall anyway I installed it on another machine and got the same results, then uninstalled. These are both 2 week old Win7pro 360's. All I need is an address to mail a printed copy of the report and the fake software. Mike  
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 1:27 AM
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:22 PM
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 3:05 AM
  • Typo, should read Office "2007".  Sorry.

https://www.microsoft.com/genuine/office/PurchaseInfoReport.aspx?displaylang=en&cCode=USA&sGuid=fbb2c0ff-b418-4b93-8aa8-8072aecf9954

When you select a response from the  "Where did you purchase your copy of Office?"   drop-down list you are redirected to:

We are sorry, the page you requested cannot be found.

https://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/genuine/office/PurchaseInfoReport.aspx

I'm beginning to think that MS has no intention of replacing bogus Office product.  I have been trying to take advantage of the free replacement offer for over two weeks with no success.
    Saturday, January 23, 2010 10:21 AM
  • Hi Bishoop,

Please see your other thread: http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/genuineoffice/thread/31292D89-48F6-4223-B16A-59BC68E40F6F

The issue should be resolved now.

Darin MS
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:22 PM
    Tuesday, January 26, 2010 11:21 PM