Importing .qif crashes in Windows 10 RRS feed

• Question

• Re Money Sunset Delux version: I solved the load issue with the Registry key fix; now I can't import bank transactions. Any suggestions?
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:29 PM

Answers

• That worked.  Didn't have to do that with my last installation (on 8.1), so I'm not sure why it works now, but it does.  Thanks!
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:03 PM

All replies

• Did you implement the patch described in the first post in this forum?
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 7:48 PM
  • That worked.  Didn't have to do that with my last installation (on 8.1), so I'm not sure why it works now, but it does.  Thanks!
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:03 PM
    The bug sends the execution to an address derived from a fairly random place in memory. That random place will vary as revision are made to the OS. So a new update of the OS could cause the code to execute in a place that does not crash Money, and the next rev could totally change that behavior. So with the patch, the code does not take the flying leap.
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:09 PM
  • My problem also seems to be the bank import. This morning MSM opened as usual. I used the bank's download process but the "Import" pop-up didn't show up. This has happened before. But exiting MSM and restarting it the transaction downloads complete okay.

Today that failed. the "Import Complete" pop-up appears but is immediately over written by the "Microsoft Money has Stopped Working" pop-up and the program closes.

My bank uses the .ofx files.

Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:12 PM
  • Did you implement the patch described in the first post in this forum?
    Thursday, August 13, 2015 9:23 PM
  • I made the original registry edit to the "Version" and that worked until today.

I ran the patch from that website. It said it was installed but I didn't know where to look to confirm.

The other thing that happened today was a download from Windows Update.

Frustrating!!

But thanks for your ongoing advice.

Mike

Thursday, August 13, 2015 10:33 PM
  • I think that you are referring to the registry patch.  In addition, look at the first post in this forum:

https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d28d6921-1f01-430f-b33e-f5a3ec47077b/money-plus-bug-and-solution-mnyob99dll?forum=money

This describes how to replace your existing mnyob99.dll file with a patched file.  If you do this you should eliminate the problem of crashes when importing ofx files.  Post back if you need help with doing this replacement.

Bill Becker

• Edited by Bill Becker Friday, August 14, 2015 2:25 AM typo
    Friday, August 14, 2015 2:24 AM
  • Thanks so much. That worked so I am now back in business again. Odd that it worked without that patch until a couple of days ago. Perhaps the problem was caused by some updates that installed August 12.

Thanks again,

Mike

Friday, August 14, 2015 10:29 PM