CRM 4.0 User Security - Role for CSR RRS feed

• Question

•  

I have setup each of my users as role CSR.

I noticed that CSR has authority to delete records.

If a record is deleted in CRM,is it tag deleted but still accessable within SQL Server 2005 using a SQL query ?

Thanks

Sunday, December 14, 2008 9:46 PM

Answers

• Many companies make it a policy to remove the delete rights for almost if not everyone for primary records like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Cases, etc.  A better practice is to set records to inactive status or close them as this keeps them in the database but out of the Active record views.

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:04 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Behind the scene, there is a deletion service running which cleans the deleted marked records after some specified time period. So when you delete any record, that record is marked deleted and then not shown in CRM application but it is still in CRM database till deletion service executes to delete it.

Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:44 PM
  • Many companies make it a policy to remove the delete rights for almost if not everyone for primary records like Accounts, Contacts, Leads, Cases, etc.  A better practice is to set records to inactive status or close them as this keeps them in the database but out of the Active record views.

Monday, December 15, 2008 12:04 AM
  • Thanks for the feedback! 

Monday, December 15, 2008 7:17 PM