Shared Folders Permission Errors RRS feed

• Question

• I have read through the posts and I don't see one that addresses my issue specifically. I set up my home server several years ago and I linked the my documents folders on each computer on my home network to the shared folders on WHS. I made sure that the user name is exactly the same on all computers. All of my home computers are running Windows 7 Pro.  Everything was going well until about 2 weeks ago. I could create a file on the shared folder on one computer, then access it on another. But lately, when I create a file on one computer, then try to open it on another computer, I get an access denied error message. If I go back to the original folder and under the security tab add winhmserver\[my user name] with full permission I can access the file or folder again, but this is just an annoying work around. I would like to fix the permissions so they will work in the background as they used to do.
    Sunday, September 26, 2010 4:13 PM

All replies

• Strange. Please check Credential Manager (Control Panel). You may need to drop existing credentials and/or define new ones
    Wednesday, September 29, 2010 11:38 AM