Domain Name Setup Failed - No Such Interface Supported 80004002 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I've been running Windows Home Server for about a year now and have had no problems with anything including remote access.

About two weeks ago, I tried to log on remotely and could not connect to my server.  When I got home, I opened up the Windows Home Server Console, clicked Settings, and both the router and domain name were reporting they were running normally.  I clicked the button to turn off remote access and then turned it back on.

The router reconfigures itself within about 30 seconds and reports its status as "working" like it normally has.  The domain name was listed as "not configured" and when I clicked setup, I got prompted for my Windows Live ID.  I typed it in like I did a year ago when I first set up my server and got the following error:

"No Such Interface Supported 80004002"

I get this error message when typing in my Windows Live ID, a friend's ID, or complete gibberish into the boxes.

I have not changed anything on my server since the problem started happening.  None the less, I brought my server over to a friend's house and plugged it into his router and internet connection.  He uses AT&T, I use Comcast, so I figured in case it was somehow an internet problem, this would show if it's a server problem or something else.  I got the same error there too.

What can I do to fix this problem?  I have not found much of anything on the internet with other people having this problem.
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 5:20 PM

All replies

• clord said:

Hi, I've been running Windows Home Server for about a year now and have had no problems with anything including remote access.

About two weeks ago, I tried to log on remotely and could not connect to my server.  When I got home, I opened up the Windows Home Server Console, clicked Settings, and both the router and domain name were reporting they were running normally.  I clicked the button to turn off remote access and then turned it back on.

The router reconfigures itself within about 30 seconds and reports its status as "working" like it normally has.  The domain name was listed as "not configured" and when I clicked setup, I got prompted for my Windows Live ID.  I typed it in like I did a year ago when I first set up my server and got the following error:

"No Such Interface Supported 80004002"

I get this error message when typing in my Windows Live ID, a friend's ID, or complete gibberish into the boxes.

I have not changed anything on my server since the problem started happening.  None the less, I brought my server over to a friend's house and plugged it into his router and internet connection.  He uses AT&T, I use Comcast, so I figured in case it was somehow an internet problem, this would show if it's a server problem or something else.  I got the same error there too.

What can I do to fix this problem?  I have not found much of anything on the internet with other people having this problem.

Hi,

Can you register on Connect, join the Windows Home Server program and file a bug for this? We will need client and server CABs.

Thank you!
    Lara Jones [MSFT] | Program Manager
    Community Support and Beta | Windows Home Server Team
    Windows Home Server Team Blog
    Connect Windows Home Server
    Windows Home Server
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009 8:39 PM