none
Problem with accessing Microsoft Certicate (Exam: 70-536 vb.net framework foundation ). RRS feed

• Question

• I recently passed the Microsoft 70-536 Vb.net framework foundation exam here in Holland. And now Microsoft has send me an email so I can download the certificate from their site.

Oke so far, so good. So I have got that email and then I followed this procedure to access the Microsoft site with the certificate:

- Login with my Windows live mail account.

- Enter the ID. ( Given in the email you receive when you pass the exam )

- Enter the access code. (  Given in the email you receive when you pass the exam )

Oke so I did this and then I could access the site and I went to the page where I should be able to download the certificate. If I went there I could see the link for downloading the certificate but somehow this doesn't work. The certificate isn't showing up. I have tried this a couple of times ,and as I assumed that it might take some time before the Certifcate could be downloaded after you pass the exam, I didn't go the website for two weeks or so.

So to make things worse. Recently I tried to acces the website again ( Where you need the ID and acces code for to access it ), but now I can't even log in to the site anymore.

I type in my ID and Acces code ( Which are stil valid because I passed the exam on 29 September 2010 and they are valid 3 months after this date ), and then access is denied.

So I wonder how I can solve this problem. Does anybody know what I can do about this?  And did anybody here had the same problem and how did you solve it?

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 1:44 PM

Answers

• I recently had trouble downloading a certificate. It was solved by cleaning all cookies from Internet Explorer and then trying again. Unfortunately, after downloading one certificate the problem comes back, and I have to clear all cookies again if I wish to download a second certificate. But at least with this trick I can perform the download.

However, I did not have any problem logging-in, only downloading the certificate after I reached the download page. You can try the trick of clearing all cookies to see if this solves your problem. If it doesn't, you can contact the Regional Service Center (phone number for the Netherlands: (0800) 0228091 (toll-free number)).

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 9:24 PM