none
Visual Studio Hyper-V-based Android emulator Ethernet issues

Question

• I am trying to use the Visual Studio Android emulator.

It does create an Android VM and two virtual switches (one for Ethernet and one for WLAN). Then it proceeds to disable TCP/IP on my Ethernet adapter and enables it on its newly created adapter. This destroys my other VMs' network connectivity and Internet sharing (as well as my RDCP connection via Ethernet).

How am I supposed to use Visual Studio's Android emulator? I assume it's not meant to destroy my computer's network settings and disconnect me from my Remote Desktop session whenever I install or start the emulator?

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 2:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Andrew,

Thank you for posting in MSDN forum.

This forum is discussing about Visual Studio setup and installation, from your description, It's more related to Hyper-V network, I help you guide this case to the right direction for more professional support.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best Regards,

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 7:00 AM
  • They'll help you over here.

https://forums.xamarin.com/

Regards, Dave Patrick ....
    Microsoft Certified Professional
    Microsoft MVP [Windows Server] Datacenter Management

Disclaimer: This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties or guarantees, and confers no rights.

Thursday, January 12, 2017 1:54 PM