AddTranslation always returning TranslateApiException: server temporarily unavailable RRS feed

• Question

• I had this working some time ago, but now that I revisit my code something has broken.  My regular calls to the translation api (like GetTranslationArray) all seem to be working, but whenever I call AddTranslation through AJAX it errors:

Request:  http://api.microsofttranslator.com/V2/Ajax.svc/AddTranslation?appId=MYAPPID&originalText=You%20are%20taking%20the%20first%20steps.&translatedText=Sie%20nehmen%20die%20ersten%20Schritte%20TEST.&from=en&to=de&rating=6&user=test

Response: "TranslateApiException: server temporarily unavailable : ID=3644.V2_Json.AddTranslation.4B08E3D6"

Any ideas what could be going wrong?  I know I had collaborative translation enabled for this appid before, but I can't find where to double-check it now.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011 4:12 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Jake,

thanks for reporting this. Our backend maintaining the user-submitted data indeed had some trouble for the duration of this past week. Fixed on Friday November 4th.

Please let us know if you still see a problem.

Chris Wendt
    Microsoft Translator

Friday, November 4, 2011 6:23 PM
  • It appears to be working properly again.  Thank you.
    Friday, November 4, 2011 8:19 PM