none
MCTS voucher help?? RRS feed

• Question

• hi all i have taken MCTS(70-536) exam and i dint passed it in first attempt and after 4 months i got a mail from microsoft like i can take the exam for free so how to claim it.In that mail they have given me voucher number and my microsoft id so how can i claim for a free exam plz help.Thanks.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 6:33 AM

Answers

• Hi Chandu,

Please visit your nearest prometric testing center and take a copy of the email which you have received from Microsoft.

Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:25 AM
  • The "second chance" offer requires that you first, before you take the exam the first time, request the second chance voucher and register with it for your first exam attempt. Then if you fail you can use that to get a free retake. If you take the exam first and then request the second chance voucher (as I did because I didn't expect to fail and so didn't read the details of the offer before hand) a very polite but soft spoken person will tell you how you get to pay full price again. Admittedly, it was my fault for not reading the details, but honestly, who would think that system of registering for a free retake was logical? C'est la vie I suppose. It was very kind of Sachin to post that voucher for you - I would certainly take advantage of it...

- Randy

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Chandu,

Please visit your nearest prometric testing center and take a copy of the email which you have received from Microsoft.

Sachin Shetty| MCP|MCTS|MCITP| Please remember to mark the replies as answers and Vote as helpful if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.Thank you in advance.
    Sunday, April 25, 2010 7:25 AM
  • The "second chance" offer requires that you first, before you take the exam the first time, request the second chance voucher and register with it for your first exam attempt. Then if you fail you can use that to get a free retake. If you take the exam first and then request the second chance voucher (as I did because I didn't expect to fail and so didn't read the details of the offer before hand) a very polite but soft spoken person will tell you how you get to pay full price again. Admittedly, it was my fault for not reading the details, but honestly, who would think that system of registering for a free retake was logical? C'est la vie I suppose. It was very kind of Sachin to post that voucher for you - I would certainly take advantage of it...

- Randy

Tuesday, April 27, 2010 11:51 PM