OCS 2007 File transfer is doesn't work over internet RRS feed

All replies

• Hi!

Have you checked ISA and Firewall Logs? In the Logs, you can check the connections in this ports? What kind of "transport" you have open (UDP or TCP)?

What`s your Front firewall? You are using isa as Back-Firewall?

I`ve opened the ports and can transfer fils without problems...

Please, let me know about these things...

Regards,

Tuesday, October 16, 2007 2:42 PM
  • we have had this same issue and our issue was realted to a but in ISA 2006. We didn't have actual server listed first in the cert I created. I had it listed second and I had ISA looking for the actual server and since it wasn't listed first ISA wouldn't pass through. I called MS on the issue to find the bug.

Monday, May 12, 2008 4:37 AM
  • On this Isuess, I had called the MS for help. They gave me the answer is when you are using the OC over Internet and try to send the file to another, the OC will use random port to transmit, that mean you need to open all the port on the firewall
    That is crazy.
    Tuesday, May 13, 2008 3:22 AM
  • There are several different situations here:

1. Both clients are within the same domain. The file transfer between clients is partially OK. When client A is in the local LAN, then he is able to transfer files to another client B through internet. But B is not able to do so.

2. Client A and B are all in public internet environment, then this fuction is workable.

3. If both clints reserve a real IP (public IP), then the file transfer is OK. But the real situation is almost every user uses private IP, so this situation is not helpful.

I supposed this can be a limited fuction due to security concern. For no one can tell or have any chance to verify the file trasfered is safe before it is delivered, which is a major concern that MSN Messenger is not allowed to use. Maybe it can work whenever a anti-virus/anti-spam system for OCS is ready.

I will strongly suggest you to request Microsoft Product team to quote you a formal feedback, and if possible, ask for timetable about this fuction fixed.

Friday, October 17, 2008 12:52 AM